Where the past follows (epilogue)

"How you doing?" Echo jumps on the seat across from Aaye, hitting her in the back.

With an uneasy face, Aaye brings down the cup of liquid in her hand, half of it had spilled all over the counter, breathing heavy out of pain. "I was doing great, now I feel like I'm dying."

"Yeah, I have that effect on people." Echo nods cautiously. "They usually can't handle my greatness and fall to their deaths at my sight."

Aaye sends her a disturbed look, but nonetheless she has a smile on her face. One that vanishes by her brother's voice. "I don't know how you can smile after making a mess I have to clean up."

The girls send him a look as he slaps the rag in his hand on the counter, letting it soak the drink in.

E: I thought you were getting paid for this.

"Aaye." Aria takes his eyes from the blonde to his sister. "You've never mentioned your friend was such a funny person."

"I know right?" Aaye smiles in her brother's annoyed face. "She has that effect on people."

She calls out their previous relationship. Aria just stares at her sister for a second before turning to her friend again. "What do you want?"

"You mean what can you give me?" Echo puts a hand under her chin. "I'd have a mocha." And as he walks back to get her the drink she yells behind him. "Don't forget milk!"

"You sound better." Echo takes her eyes off of the double door, to look at Aaye for her to go on. "From the text you sent me earlier. 'I feel awful. Hope nothing bad had happened.'."

She reads from the text before shutting off her phone screen.

Echo too looks at the text she sent hours earlier, exhaling. "Inside I'm still feeling awful."

The two abnormally fall quiet when Aria comes back and doesn't say word until he goes away. Aaye turns fully in her seat towards Echo. "Can you tell who is it?"

Echo shakes her head, playing with the straw in the plastic cup. "I asked everyone. Nothing had happened to anyone. I even asked about sheriff and Melissa. Do you feel anything wrong?"

"Nope!" Aaye shrugs taking a sip from her drink. "Maybe you're just... worried too much. Your mind's making things up to keep up with you."

Echo flashbacks in her memories, to all the times she randomly called people and asked weird things like if they were okay and if she'd done anything out of ordinary. No one knew why and people were starting to get worried for her. Just like they were getting worried for Scott who never talked about how he was now an alpha after that night with Jennifer, or Allison who'd never stepped a foot in their storage closet nor did she touched her bow ever since. And how all of their friends were getting worried for Stiles, the bags under his eyes were catching up with his sleepless nights fast. And for Echo who had kept her time losses and her almost Eisoptrophobia, and how she couldn't look herself in the mirror without her heartbeat going up by twenty, to herself.

"I don't know." She finally takes her eyes off of the brown liquid in her hand and stops stirring and spinning it around. "Maybe."

There's the brief moment of silence. None of them knew what so say anymore. Just the sound of them breathing until a ringtone of one of their phone breaks it. Aaye automatically checks her own phone but the black screen shifts her eyes to Echo's.

Echoella though seems frozen in her place. Her eyes are darted to the screen of her phone, and everything else melts away. She does nothing just staring at the name flashing on the front until it all goes away. The name vanishes to black and the ringtone shuts down.