opportunity Abuses (20)

"Where do this Hales find these abandoned houses?" Kai whispers under his breath all of them staring at the empty house straight out of horror movies.

"Are you sure he's here?" Val turns, to look at her. "Do you want one of us to come too?"

"You two stay here." Echo shakes her head, smiling. "You invited your uninvited your asses here doesn't mean, you can come in."

"Derek, I got your twenty-hundredth message." Echo walks in the dark house looking around for him. "This better be life or death!"

"You can go." Derek casually walks out of a room. "I handled it myself."

"Handled it yourself? Are you kidding me?" Echo scoffs standing in front of him. "I'm spouse to put up an act, pretend like I don't even know you, let alone see you, meanwhile you keep phone stalking me."

Derek takes few more steps closer. "Look I wanted to tell you that all of them left, no one stayed."

"I just saw Isaac in school." Echo narrows her eyes, eyeing around the house closely. "And just so you know you're a terrible liar."

"Isaac was at school?" Derek look purely confused.

E: yes, I thought you knew.

"Well isn't it lovely to see my niece after all this time?" John's voice come from somewhere behind Echo.

And as if that was not enough, she doesn't even need to turn around to know, Peter is there too.

Closing his eyes frustrated, Derek exhales. "I thought I told you to not come out?"
"It takes time Derek." Peter's voice is laced with sarcasm, like always. "But you'll eventually learn that Fraysterns don't take orders. From anyone."

"What are these two doing here?" Strangely calm, Echo ignores both of them.

D: they say they can help

"And yet you get mad when I say you're not brilliant whatsoever." She shakes her head disappointment. "I thought we were past the stage, where we don't trust my uncle. He's up to no good."

"Echoella! Just give it a shot and listen, even Derek, here, wants to hear it." John offers.

"You, don't get to say anything." Echo demands, staring at him in disbelief. "You know what? I'm done listening to you. You don't even deserve one more second of my time to waist. Where's Sebastian?"

"He's fine." John assures. "Now if you just liste..."

E: No no no. I'm not even gonna listen to you. Derek, would you please drop this thought already?

"Echo, they know more about Gerard and Kanimas and everything, than we will ever know. Maybe we really need their help." Obviously he's not thinking it through.

"Look any other day I would be more than happy to have you scam us, but he clearly is a mess and I'm not gonna trust you anyway." Echo says frustrated. "So do you think you can just drop it and go?"

"Maybe you should listen to the alphas Echo." Peter sneers from his place.

E: Okay I asked you politely if you do...

"Just listen to them Echo!" Derek grabs her arms roughly.

He soon realizes what he had done, but by that time, Echo's eyes has been narrowed and her breathing gotten heavier with frustration.

"You wanna talk, go on. But just so you know I'm still not desperate enough to trust you." Echo leans to the wall beside the stairs. Her words are obviously darted to her uncle and her uncle only. "You better have something useful cause if you don't, it's gonna get really ugly really fast."