City of the shadows (19)

To be honest Echo expected to feel the energy pulling through her flesh and summoning her soul to follow the light. But to her surprise there was nothing. And by nothing I mean... nothing. Not only there was no signs of Aaye, not even the light let alone the energy, Scott, Allison and Stiles too were nowhere to be found. And that was something beyond terrifying.

"Scott? Allison?" She yet again found herself in the middle of the darkness. "Stiles? Where are you?"

You would expect an echo, for herself to hear her screams and yells again, but her voice went and went until the frequency disappeared in the oblivion. "Guys?"

The thought of her... pulling people here only for them to get lost in nothingness for the rest of their lives, shook her to the core.
"They're not here!"

Well... the voice was familiar. That was for sure. But it was one Echo wish she'd never heard again. For better or worst, she wished it would be Christina again. But fate was unfair, and Echolette was even more... cause this time she was using Echo's worst nightmares against her.

"Grace?..." she was scared... not sure to turn and not find her there, or turn around and do find her there.

"Hey there, Ellie." Those were the words, she haven't heard it three years, almost. Two years and seven months to be exact... she could tell you the days probably hours but her mind was too much of a mess to say the least.
Scared Echo turns around, and sure enough there was grace again. She hadn't realised yet how blurry her vision was because of tears, but even through them, she could tell Grace still looked exactly like how she'd remembered. In fact she could tell that she was still wearing the same buttoned up shirt and jeans they bought together before their fourteenth Christmas, right before she went missing... and died.

It hits hard... and it hurts like a bitch. The thinnest hope that she had... remembering every time she sat over that empty grave looking down at that stupid tombstone hoping that she was alive somewhere with that stupid boyfriend of hers, probably too scared of her glowing gold eyes to come back to them... only to find her here... where the dead were ruling.

"Grace?" It was something between sobbing and smiling and laughing and crying and anything in between to make the single word the most bittersweet thing she'd ever tasted in her mouth.

And the next thing is a warm embrace hugging her, that washed away all the cold and freezing water Echo just felt over her skin away melted all the rough edges of ice that was touching her skin into a hot bath after a day of playing with snow balls. Just as satisfying... and just as horrifying. Cause that reminded her of why she was here in the first place. The sacrifices...

She pulled away out of her arms and looked around again. "Where is it?"

Grace hold her arms tightly to keep her in place, staring at her confused. "Where is what?"

"The city of shadows..." Echo shakes her arms, but the fifteen year old doesn't let go.
"I'm here!" You know how people say they never realised how annoying their voice is until someone plays a voice record? Well for Echo that happened when Echolette's voice rose from their left side.

The same never ending glass... The same glowing green eyes and red hair. And the smirk that gave Ella the urge to punch herself in the face so she wouldn't smirk like that ever again. This time though the evil Echo didn't take Grace away. For whatever reason she was standing beside Echo, still without a reflection. Yeah that would require a mirror, which this one clearly wasn't.

"Where are they?" Echo shakes Grace's hands hard this time. It seemed like here everyone listened to the red hair even Grace, even her mother.