Twenty

Carol showed Gwen around the ship, she picked a living bunk and placed her bag on the bed.

"We have about an eight-hour flight to get there."

"Really? This thing doesn't have lightning speed?"

"This isn't the USS Enterprise; you watch too much Sci-Fi." Carol laughed as she shook her head. "It's fast, but it's not that fast. A normal plane would take nearly fifteen hours to get there."

Sighing, Gwen decided to nap and shower during the flight. After her shower, she dressed in her suit.

"We're approaching Wakandan airspace."

Gwen headed towards the front of the ship where she found Carol sitting in a piolets seat.

"Sit. Buckle in, this thing lands roughly."

Gwen did as she was told, watching as Wakanda came into view.

"This never gets old." She smiled as she took in the beauty of the city. The buildings and towers are all built with vibranium, large and small. Carol navigated closer to the mountain, narrowing her eyes as she hovered over a vacant spot. Flying off, back around, she landed the plane on the other end of the landing pad.

"What was that for?" Gwen asked.

Carol looked at her with apologetic eyes.

"What did you do?" Gwen asked unbuckling and peering through the large glass in front of them.

"I didn't do anything. I knew nothing of this."

"Of what?" She demanded. Before she was able to ask again, she got her answer as the back hatch of the quinjet opened and the ramp lowered, Peter was the first one out. When it was opened wide enough for him to fit through, he shot webbing to the Skrull ship and swung himself on top of it. Looking through the window at Gwen, his eyes filled with tears.

She backed away as she watched him scurry to find a way in. Carol opened the side of the ship for them to exit but Peter swung inside and into Gwen's arms before she was able to run.

"Please don't run."

Gwen's body was stiff, her arms held out as if afraid to touch him. Carol noticed this and walked over to a drawer, unlocking it. Grabbing two blue metal bracelets, she walked over to Gwen and held them out.

"May I?"

"What are they?" Peter asked.

"These will prevent her from using her powers, it will give her peace of mind while everyone is around." Carol explained.

"What?" Peter reacted, brows furrowed, eyes narrowed in a glare. "No. We're not changing who she is."

"Do it." Gwen said, holding her wrists out for Carol.

Peter looked at Gwen with wide eyes, "Gwen, don't suppress who you are."

They heard voices outside of the opened door.

"Peter, if you guys are going to be around, I want to make sure I can't hurt anyone."

"You're being ridiculous. So, you got gung-ho at the beginning and flew us around in a bubble. So, I fell down a bottomless hole. So, you threw Tony into a wall." he chuckled at the memory, "He kind of deserved that one."

"Hey, I heard that!"

Gwen looked up and was met by some of the team. Tony, Steve, Bucky, Nat, and Wanda. Peter ignored Tony.

"Don't suppress yourself, not for me, not for the team, not for anyone. We love you, Gwen. All of you." Peter spoke desperately.

Gwen wanted badly to pull him in for another hug, but until she was sure she wouldn't hurt anyone, she waited.