Seventy-One

Gwen made her way to Tony's lab, followed by Frigga and Loki. When she walked in, Bucky and Steve were already there. Bucky sat in the same chair he sat in years ago, waiting for the same procedure. Each of them smiled when they heard her walk in.

Tony walked around his table and held his arms out, inviting her into a hug. "Hey, kid. Want to get this going? Bucky told me what your trigger words were."

Hugging his middle tightly, she looked at Bucky confused. How would he know the words if she didn't?

Knowing why she was looking at him the way she was, he explained, "I remember what Grant said to make you attack me. I also remember what he said when Pierce wanted Grant to make you stop.

Nodding, she looked up at Tony, still hugging him, "Thank you for doing this again. I know the first time around wasn't all that fun, now you get to do it twice."

Giving her a quick squeeze, he let go of her and took his place back behind his desk.

"I'm actually hoping I can help you with that, if you wouldn't mind." Frigga spoke up causing all of the men, besides Loki, to look at her in both shock and confusion.

"How would you be able to help?" Tony asked intrigued.

"I might be able to help soothe the mind, help it relax so it is not fighting against the prodding off of instinct."

Tony and Bucky stared at one another, Bucky raised his eyebrow and Tony chuckled.

"Yes. If you can offer some type of soothing for them, it would be greatly appreciated. This one here was enough of a pain in my ass the first time around. I can only imagine how both of them will be."

"Hey!" Gwen feigned offense.

Steve shook his head, but laughed. He remembered all too well how Tony and Bucky butt heads while Tony was removing the words.

Wanting to make sure Frigga had everything that she could possibly need, he looked around to see where he could clear room for her.

"What exactly would you need to do this?"

"Just space behind the chair so I can reach their head."

Steve immediately moved a work table out of the way so Frigga had ample room behind Bucky's chair.

"Would you like a chair? We have some tall stools around here. I can go get you one."

Before Steve could move to leave, a tall green and gold stool appeared behind Frigga. Knowing where it came from, Gwen smiled at Loki.

"Thank you, Loki." Frigga smiled at her son.

"Would you like me to stay here during this or should I make myself scarce until it's time for me?" Gwen asked. She didn't want to be in the way of anything.

Loki stepped closer to Gwen and the others, "If Barnes doesn't mind, I'd like to take you somewhere without distraction and see if I can help mend what your mind endured."

Everyone waited for Bucky's response. They all knew most of what they went through and if he didn't want to be away from Gwen, they'd all understand.

Bucky looked Gwen over, he needed to be reassured she'd be safe.

Noticing the intensity in Bucky's gaze, Steve spoke up, "If you'd like, I could go with them and just sit back so I don't interfere."

Gwen nodded; she would do whatever it took to make sure Bucky was comfortable.

"No. I trust Loki with her. I know everyone here would do anything to keep her safe. It's just, is the compound safe? Is it safe for her to go roaming off?"