Fifteen

Eleven months later...

WAKANDA

The two women walked through the halls making their way to Shuri's lab. As they walked, Shuri explained the suit.

"This suit is made from the same materials used in my brother's suit. Don't worry, he gave us his blessing in using the technology for it. I made some minor tweaks to fit your personality."

Gwen was taken aback at the generosity of T'Challa and Shuri. Not only had they taken her in and helped her train and learn her powers in a way that no one else would have ever been able to teach her—the two have created her own suit.

"Shuri, I'm... I—"

"Shut up and just listen to me." Shuri waved her off as she rolled her eyes, she pushed open the doors.

Gwen chuckled and hopped up on the counter next to Shuri's workstation as she pulled up diagrams and information on one of her screens for Gwen to look at. She had no idea what Suri was talking about, so she nodded every so often to show her she was listening.

"The vibranium will protect you along with allowing you the flexibility required to move quickly. You'll be able to harness energies—mainly kinetic—within the suit which you'll be able to use later, if you wish to do so.

These energies will enhance your speed; for your specific powers, it will enhance your flying speed. If you choose otherwise, you can redirect the energy into blasts, but given the abilities you already possess, I don't see that being of use. The suit is basically bulletproof, but your head is not," She looked at Gwen pointedly, "don't get shot in the head." She poked the middle of her forehead and pushed gently to make her point.

It was Gwen's turn to roll her eyes, "I'll try my best."

"Now," Shuri continued, "I have also added his cloaking mechanism within your suit. This cloak will allow you to become invisible in just one thought. It can also be used to disguise the entire suit as everyday clothing so that you're never without your suit, others just won't know that. This is right up your alley since you control a lot of your powers with your mind."

"I don't have to wear a cape, do I?" Gwen asked as her nose scrunched up at the thought of her running around with a cape flying in the wind.

"I didn't create one for you if that's what you're asking. It is not required for this suit." Shuri answered as she moved to the other side of her lab and wheeled a box over to Gwen.

"Good."

Shuri opened the lid to the box and motioned for Gwen to come over to her.

Gwen hopped down and made her way next to Shuri. When she looked down into the box, she was rendered speechless. Looking over the suit, it was a beautiful light pink with dark pink accents lining where the suit would rest on her curves. The style was similar to Black Window's, form-fitting, long sleeves, with a weapon belt and thigh holster's for both pistols and knives, finished off with matching light and dark pink combat boots.

She lightly ghosted her hands over the fabric, it was just as soft as a baby blanket, "It's so soft, but it looks so..."

"Badass," Shuri answered causing both of them to giggle. "Go ahead, try it on."

Nodding, Gwen gently slid her hands under the suit and picked it up.

"It's not fragile, stop being afraid of it." Shuri joked.

When Gwen had the suit completely in her hands, she noticed two pistols laying in the bottom of the case. Pink pistols.

"You really went all out with the pink, didn't you?" She laughed.

"Are you telling me you don't like them?"

"No," Gwen answered quickly. "Not at all. I'm going to go put this on now."

"Wait." Shuri lifted the boots and grabbed two thin pieces of fabric. Holding it out to Gwen, she grinned a mischievous grin, "Now you can tell me I went overboard with the pink."

Gwen took the garments and noticed they were tank tops and yoga shorts. Raising an eyebrow at Shuri, she shook her head as she laughed.

"What?" Shuri shrugged. "I had to make them match. Anyway, you'll want only those on under the suit, the suit is quite tight."

Gwen nodded and turned to go change.

When she emerged from the room she changed, Shuri's eyes lit up with excitement.

"You look amazing, Gwen!" She exclaimed. She rushed to her, grabbed her hands, and held them out so she could get a full view of the entire suit. "Here, put the boots on and the guns in the holsters to complete the look."

Gwen did as she was told and stood straight.

Shuri bit her bottom lip as she studied her creation. "Damn. I'm good."

"Language." A voice pulled their attention to the doors. Steve leaned against the door frame, knee bent, foot resting on his toes, and his arms crossed.

Gwen's heart ached as she looked at her best friend for the first time in almost a year. She was unsure of where they stood since she left on bad terms. She wasn't talking to half of the team when she took off with T'Challa.

Steve stood, entering the room to look Gwen over. Nodding in approval, he smiled up at Gwen and held his arms out,

"I've missed you, brat."

Instantly, all of the pain, tension, and worry she held all those months washed away as she rushed to Steve's arms. Hugging him hard, she fought to hold her tears in, relieved she had at least one of her friends back.

Steve pulled away, cupping both sides of her head as he brushed the hair away from her face, "You've cut your hair." He observed.

He was right, while in Wakanda, Gwen allowed Shuri to chop her waist-length, wild hair up to her shoulders and color the bottom six inches of the hair bright pink.

"Do you not like it?" She asked, almost shyly.

Steve looked Gwen in the eyes for the first time in a long time and smiled, "I think it's very... you."

She hugged him tightly again, "I'm so sorry, Steve." She began. Steve stopped her by pulling away and shaking his head. Grabbing one of her hands, he turned towards the door, pulling her along with him.

"Come with me."