Sixty-Nine

A few hours after the team landed at the compound, they had Gwen in the medical ward recovering. The doctor on site did his best to help stabilize and make her comfortable.

Loki and Thor stood outside of her room while Bucky and Tony were inside at the sides of her bed,

"I want to go to Mother." Loki stated as he peered through the glass on the door.

"Again? She's going to start questioning if you feel more for Lady Gwen than you're letting on."

Thor knew his brother had different feelings for Gwen, but he also knew he wasn't in love with her. It was something he wasn't able to understand. All he knew was, Loki had become so close with her that he was slowly changing for the better.

"Do you think it's wise to call her back down to here?" Thor questioned. He worried their father wouldn't approve.

"If not mother, then we ask Heimdall to find Carol Danvers. She was able to heal Peter mostly and he was completely broke. She should be able to help Gwen with no problems."

Thor opened his mouth to answer his brother when bright lights flashed through the windows across from them. Both approached the window to see the bifrost open and their mother emerging from it. The two exited the medical ward and headed towards the entrance to meet their mother. As they exited the elevator, Peter was walking Frigga towards them.

"Mother," Thor greeted with a subtle bow.

"I was just bringing her up to you guys. How is Gwen?" Peter asked.

Loki wanted to ignore him, to get his mother up to Gwen as soon as possible, but not wanting to be rude, he answered. "She's stable. Tony and Bucky are with her."

"Is this why your mother is here?"

Sighing, Loki looked at his mother for the answer that he felt he already knew.

"They did not call upon me. I merely heard both of my sons' distress and came to them when Heimdall confirmed that something was wrong." She answered.

Smiling, Thor began explaining to their mother what happened.

"We don't know the entire story. We don't know everything she had to endure, but what we do know is what she went through recently and it wasn't good. The man she was with before she broke away tried to kill her. He strangled her, her throat was closing, swelling, something I don't know."

Peter stepped forward to keep the elevator doors opened, allowing them all to enter. When the doors closed he turned to Frigga and explained everything he saw on the quinjet.

"She was convulsing on the floor, Bucky was holding her. She just kept... shaking. He couldn't stop it. Wanda came and did something with her magic and helped her to breathe again, but she couldn't break the fever. Tony put her in his suit and Jarvis was able to keep her cool with the cooling unit."

"Alright. Well, once we get to her, I'll be able to look her over and draw up my own conclusions."

The doors to elevator opened and Peter walked ahead of them, leading them to the medical ward. Once they reached her door, he gently knocked on the glass. Tony looked up, Bucky didn't move.

Tony waved for him to open the door, but stood shocked when he watched Frigga walk in behind him.

"Uh, your Majesty," Tony stood straight.

"Now, Stark, what did I say about that the first time I was here. No need for such formalities. Just call me Frigga."

"Alright then, Frigga, what do I owe the pleasure of having you here?"