Twenty-One

"Your what?" Wanda asked.

Smiling, Gwen walked over to her, embracing her in a hug, "Thank you, Shuri, for doing this for me."

"I've decided Gwen is The Pink Ghost after this last disappearance. She did a great job of hiding." Shuri explained. "Now, let's get you that headpiece."

She followed Shuri into the mountain and to her lab, the two were followed by everyone else.

"This," Shuri started, pulling a pink and white headpiece off of a stand, "Is what I've created. You're wearing your suit, yes?"

"I am."

"Great, make it appear so I can connect this."

Gwen thought about her suit, but nothing happened. Confused, she looked at Shuri, "I don't understand."

Carol stepped forward, pressing a button and releasing the bracelets, "I wasn't kidding when I said these would prevent any type of magical powers."

Smiling, Gwen nodded and made her suit appear, "Can we put them back on now?"

"No." Shuri simply stated. She began working around the neckline, working things into the collar of her suit. Once she was done, the headpiece was gone.

"What happened?" Gwen asked as she looked into the mirror Shuri held up.

"Think of covering your head."

Gwen closed her eyes and thought of a helmet. Nothing happened.

"You're not thinking properly," Shuri scolded.

"That's half of this damn team." Nat quipped with a chuckle.

Shuri shot her a warning look causing Nat to snap her jaw closed.

"Think of covering your head for protection." She instructed.

Gwen did just that. The headpiece slowly materialized up her neck, over her head, covering her ears, and wrapping itself closed around her chin, leaving the face open.

"Alright, now remove it."

Doing as Shuri asked, she thought about the covering disappearing and it unraveled down her head and back into the suit.

"Woah. That's badass!" Gwen exclaimed.

"Language, Gwen!" Steve scolded.

Gwen rolled her eyes and thanked Shuri.

"Carol's suit inspired it." Shuri smiled at Carol.

"So, I'm good to go then?"

"Yes." Shuri motioned her in for a hug. "You get your mind right and get back here to these guys. They're a mess without you."

Nodding, Gwen smiled, "I will."

Making their way back to the ships, everyone walked in silence. That is until she heard Wanda's voice in her head.

"Will you be ok?"

Shocked, Gwen looked over to Wanda who smiled at her. Nodding, she answered, "I'll be fine as long as I know you guys are all safe."

Reaching Carol's ship, the team stood in a circle at the entrance.

"I'll just be inside; you take your time." Carol smiled.

"Hey, Carol," Tony stopped her, "Thank you."

Nodding, Carol smiled and entered the ship.

"I really wish you'd stay." Peter was the first to speak.