fifty

( uh oh )

Harry Styles.

Ten days of grading sheets, looking after my heavily pregnant girlfriend and dealing with upcoming tests.

Polly had been an angel, so many apologies after she would lash out, but I'm weirdly happy she can lash out every now and then at me. I always try to keep my cool, especially when I have added stress from work.... But I'm one committed man to the things I love. Her and my job.

Nicole has been acting weird and she made it awfully obvious she wanted to at least sleep with me. I wasn't one to talk myself up, but she had quite literally said it at one point. I think her aim was to be sly, but also wouldn't mind if i had overheard her. Damn, if only she knew that a student did actually get to sleep with me.

I eye her, like I had always been since Polly was gone. Her brown hair, that shimmered blonde looked a little weird in the sunlight. It was kind of distracting to say the least, her eye pitched voice was able to be recognised from two hundred metres away.

I was never eyeing her because she parked my interest - more like spat in the flame and made it die out. It's like when you look at someone who clearly hates the person with the attention and you see their face all scrunch up in hatred. I was scared i showed it, but I had this level of professionalism i always try to stand and even polly said i've used my 'teacher voice' on her a couple of times.

"What's the date?" Amara almost whispers, as her head was down in her work sheets.

She had no one now that Polly had gone, but her work was kept high and I'd see her making conversation every now and then with the people behind her. She just did not get distracted, which was what I liked. I did see her with a group of girls, so I know she's not entirely lonely.

"Ahh..." My eyes scan down to the bottom corner of my laptop screen. "Second of september."

Polly's due date was in a week today.

I stood up and got out of my seat. Today I wasn't wearing anything too much. I wore my suits for myself and I did like to play with colour and textures, but the way Polly looked at me with them drove me over the edge and it turned out to impress her. So even though I still wear my 'funky' suits, I don't care to every day as such.

I was just wearing a flimsy grey shirt, with black skinny jeans, tan chelsea boots to cover my feet.

I spin around the whiteboard marker that's in my hand, standing up to catch everyone's attention as they all finish their sentences.

I loved teaching older teens, they just knew without me having to speak as much as I would with the younger students. There wasn't as much 'eyes up here' or 'can i have everyone's attention' if I was standing up, they knew I was ready to talk and because i respect them, they respect me.

I started writing down the list of things they had to complete over the weekend. It was a Friday and I hated to give them shit over the weekends. They weren't thirteen and they had legitimate lives, all of them work and have responsibilities to catch up on.

Except, they were graduating in a month, they needed this work.

Finish off work booklet.

Self evaluation worksheet to be completed and handed in.

Semester one trials compared to semester two trails worksheet done.

Starting 'heroes of sport' topic when you get back, so make sure you've done everything.