fifty two

i didnt wanna go into details lmao but childbirth isnt pretty

this is so short too :((

( my baby )

Harry Styles

Her face said it all. From the scrunch of her forehead and nose, to the raised upper lip that was showing all her top teeth. She was in immense pain and the baby had to come out, wait any longer and she couldn't have a natural birth.

There were many nurses around and the calming voice of the two midwives was really soothing her. With every push, she squeezes my hand and little noises she makes are like 'aarhs' , a strong abbreviation of the 'r'.

Her forehead was sweaty and I was too dazed to actually know what was being said, but my hand was turning white as she squeezed and squeezed. I was so clearly the unbrave one in this situation.

Her legs were parted and held up, every now and then I'd have a look. Not for pleasure, but to see what everyone else was looking at. Louis had left with Polly's permission and Amara was standing against the wall, clear view of what the nurses could see.

"Okay, push push push push."

I watch Polly's face as she closes her eyes and winces from pain. She pretty much screams and it's the loudest point she's got to. I look over, not expecting that.

I almost gag but hold it in for Polly's sake. It wasn't something a teenage boy or girl would do, I genuinely felt something shift in my body. Blood and how stretched it was made me feel weak. To make it worse, I heard a big screech. She was tearing, and my eyes were shut as one hand was going numb from her hold and the other was closed fisted over my mouth.

I open my eyes and everything seems a little bright. One of the nurses looks at me and I shake my head, pointing to my mouth. I feel so awful being the weak one in this situation but Polly was handling it great and Amara was also here.

One of the nurses runs to the wall with the sickbags, handing it to me as I projectile vomit into it. I feel a little extra run through my nose and my sleeves wipe away my mouth. Polly opens her eyes and looks at me scared.

I quickly rush down to kiss her forehead and mouth an 'i love you' before rushing out of her grip and into the halls as i release my stomach once more.

"Stupid fucking boy." I mutter to myself.

How could I be so selfish?

I took a mint from my back pocket and put it in my mouth, it dissolved in a fix on my tongue and I closed my eyes. I can't believe I pulled such a thing on a girl who deserves everything, especially this moment, the relief on her face when she saw me was incredible.

A baby started to cry, screaming but that was great news. Her baby could breathe, her baby was healthy. I fell to my knees, crying because I had no other way to express my emotions. This baby was real, this baby saved her and what feels like me.

"I love you and your creation so much."

My hands raise from the floor and to my head, pulling back my hair. The reality wasnt holy fucking shit, it was oh my god this is haooening. My baby was real and their little cry was right through the frail curtain.

It wasn't until two medium sized hands caressed my back I took in the reality of my surroundings, rather than the moment. I look to my side, seeing amara with her lips rolled in, giving me a bright big smile. "Her baby is beautiful."