𝟞

"Over here!" Ella waved her platoon over as a few of the guys carried ammunition packs over to the small team of gunners

"3, 2, 1..." max ordered as Ella quickly loaded the machine gun up with 8 mini missiles.

The small team of 4 ducked down and covered their ears to the best of their abilities, but no matter how far they stuck their fingers into their ears, the deafening squeals of the bombs being launched at least 100 feet into the air would always make their eardrums vibrate.

Jay and mouse were stood behind the fault line just watching with the remaining unit members, they all kept quiet whilst the continuous rapid round of ammunition was being released. No one knew what to say in all fairness.

"B!" Max called out as he waved his hands in the air.

"Ready for launch!" Harvey put his hands out as a signal to wait.

This bad boy was a 100 pound missile that could destroy a whole mini village in one blast, yet it was being launched over to the enemy's turf in hopes that it would throw them off guard and destroy their food supplies.

Even jay and mouse stuck their fingers in their ears, they've heard this weapon explode multiple times before and it can really do some damage.

The small team of four pulled the lever down then made a run for it, unfortunately the remaining members of the unit were at least 300 yards away so they couldn't get to them in time, although no one expected to, so they dived to the floor and covered their heads securely.

The huge boom sounded out as the cannon released the missile with quite a lot of force, it was sent hurling through the air at speeds of over 100mph, the boom was so loud it knocked the gunnery team deaf for a few seconds.

As the floor shook beneath them it was all over within 10 seconds as a small mushroom cloud of fire and smoke could be seen in the far distance.

Everyone watched it in sadness and despair, yet without saying a word, the team of 4 stood up to shake the dust off of themselves. None of them wanted to talk about it.

"Watson, report" the Sargent sounded over the radio.

"Cleared..." max replied through a muffled sigh.

The dust cloud cleared and the remaining members could see their gunnery team once again, a wave of relief surged over them.

"You good?" Mouse took the empty ammunition shells from Ella as the small team returned to base.

"Yeah" she sighed tiredly.

"Your ears bleeding" jay wiped the drop of blood away with his bare hand.

"I'll live, I don't really fancy sitting in med bay for the rest of the night" she looked at him through tired eyes.

"Copy you" he smiled understandably.