Chapter five: The Acrobat's Investigation

Y/n POV Thursday

I was at my computer in my lab looking into the circus to see if this was an isolated incident and it wasn't. The reason more returning acts weren't there was because the ones that came back were killed either before the show or during.

While the other murders didn't have The Flying Graysons flyer, but apparently there were two extra members of the new group piggybacking off the name. They were killed in the same way my grandparents were. Whoever this guy is, he definitely has it out for my family.

Lucky for me this guy was seen during this one and apparently he has a pretty noticeable mark, in that half of his face is burned pretty bad to the point where it looked like he could give Two Face a run for his money.

I have to keep on top of this investigation, if the police find something I need to know what it is they found. So what do I do. Hmm... I could set up a connection between me and the police department, but I'll have to break into the main station to access the entire NYPD's network.

I'm off of my stealth game however and it would probably be a good idea to get one of dad's old suits in the attic.

Home

I looked through the boxes and could only find... you know what I'll do things the old fashion way and just wait for things to happen on there own and... no no this is your case you have to.

Mary: what are doing up here?

I turned around and saw her climbing up here.

"I should ask you the same thing."

Mary: looking for you.

"Why?"

Mary: Dad's helping Tim in bludhaven on a case so, you won't have any help in what you're doing.

"That obvious?"

Mary: Yep, pretty obvious that you'd be looking into it.

"Whatever, didn't need it anyway."

Mary: time for you to answer my question.

"Looking for one of dad's old suits, I'm trying to stay on top of the investigation, but the only suit I can find is... the Discowing suit."

Mary: not the worst thing you can find.

Evening

So here I am at the rooftop of the main station in Manhattan dressed like a member of the village people because dad hid every other suit he's had, hell I'd take the red one over this crap.

I entered via an air duct. After passing over the break room I heard one cop say, "man what the hell is happening in queens these days eh?"

Cop2: right?! It used to be the normal one. Now it's got what, vampires and circus killers from Jersey.

Cop1: What's the world coming to, If one of the only boroughs that didn't have supervillains is slowly turning into the next Gotham.

I continued forth and got down to the basement where as I suspected they kept the NYPD servers.

I saw there was a camera, but one of those ones you see in movies rather than the 360 ones. So I just waited till it wasn't looking to exit the vent.

I hid behind the servers until I got to the one I'm looking for the one containing investigations ongoing, cold cases, and closed cases.

I jacked in my thumb drive which uploaded something which allows me to see everything and anything on the server on my own computer.

After the upload I grabbed the drive. I then heard someone coming in and I jumped onto the ceiling in order to avoid being spotted and slowly made my way to the vent as they talked.

Cop1: I don't know Yuri, Captain Stacy seems like he's gonna kill the next person that looks at him funny.

Cop2: Stacy is a good cop, the most he'll do to the guy when he finds him is put him in a wheelchair.

Cop1: I'm not so sure about that.

Cop2: yeah well I can see why, but trust me he's not gonna kill anyone.

I made it to the vent and got out of there.

As soon as I made it back to the roof I made my way back to my lab.

After school Friday

I was walking out of the school when I saw Liz waiting at the gate and Raymond showed up, well I found out who her uncle was and the probable next victim since him and Raya are the only ones left.

Time for a stakeout. I walked out of the gates and into an alley, which I climbed onto to the roof of one of the buildings and began to follow the pair.

As I was following the pair they went into a cafe were Raya and some other woman presumably Liz's mom was waiting.

"Both potential victims in the same place at the same time, but too many people around. Looks like I got even more waiting to do."