Chapter 26: Symbiosis

Y/n outside the Lab Christmas Day

Captain Stacy finally showed up and said, "I should've known it was you Grayson..."

"Captain Stacy, before you do this know I never meant for what happened to happen, I carry the burden of it every single day. Also..."

I opened the door to the lab and said, "down there is a flash drive containing any and all evidence against me that you need to convict me."

Captain: W-what?

"The city is saved, think of this as a Christmas present from me. You have a choice here arrest me or kill me, I won't resist either way."

The Captain pulled out his gun and took aim... then he put it down saying, "she doesn't blame you for what happened. God knows she should, but she's far more forgiving than either of us. So I'm going to honor my daughter's wish and not do either."

"What?"

So what happened back with Venom wasn't a dream.

Captain: this isn't forgiveness, you'll have to work for that... but I won't tell anyone. From now on however you keep me in the loop... got it.

"You got it."

Captain: does anyone else know.

"A few members of my family, my best friend and maybe one other person."

Captain: maybe?

"I'll get back to you on her."

Later

I found MJ and said, "uh hey can we talk?"

MJ: in private or...

"Private would be good."

We walked down an alley and she said, "So Tiger when were you going to tell me about being both Robin and Spider-Man."

"So you know everything."

MJ: yep.

"How long?"

MJ: oh the Robin thing since I first met you, but then I saw the news report of what happened last night and there was a photo taken by Phil Sheldon with Spider-Man swinging away from the Jackal scene. Then I saw you with the same injuries as Spider-Man. So for the first time I thought about it for more than a second.

"That'll do it, okay so-"

MJ: I won't tell anyone don't worry Tiger.

"Wait you knew about Robin when you saw me first... how?"

MJ: you only wore a domino mask so...

"It was four years ago! How could you tell."

MJ: you saved me from the Mad Hatter when I was a kid, so I remembered what you looked like. There's also the fact you're dad's a former acrobat.

Of course the red head from Gotham's a detective. At least I don't have to worry about the secret in secret identity being removed.

Mid January

I was swinging through the city when I was tackled into the side of a building by a some black figure.

"Kaine, knew you'd be back soon-"

I then looked up and saw the symbiote with a new host.

Venom: how's it going Grayson.

The head of the suit then went into the neck and revealed Eddie Brock.

Eddie: surprised?

"What the hell happened?"

Eddie: after you had us fired, we realized our life was over. So we took your advice... and got religion. Then we heard the bell.

"Oh no."

Eddie: then it landed on us when we went to investigate and we learned everything about you Y/n. We know everything there is to know. Family... friends... people you care about and we know just how to hurt all of them.

I then tackled him through a wall yelling, "Stay away from them!"

He hit me back through a few walls and said, "do you think you can stop us we know everything you know! Don't worry two of them are off limits for us."

He then jumped off and vanished around a corner.

Off limits for him? What does that mean? Not now wait who is he going after? Can't be Captain Stacy, Bar would be able to hurt him by vibrating his molecules at a certain frequency, Mary is able to reduce the symbiote to ashes, Dad's in Gotham. So who would it... MJ!

Swinging around New York I was looking for them, when I heard a few people grunting in pain.

I dropped down and saw MJ, take out three muggers.

"How did you... never mind come with me, your not-"

Venom: Safe? Neither are you spider.

Down came Venom from the rooftops.

MJ: what is that?

"I'll explain later, Run!"

She did so and Venom tried to follow, but I tackled him.

He tossed me to the side and pinned me to a wall. I responded with a kick to the jaw and an uppercut sending him onto a roof of one of the buildings nearby.

I jumped up and catapulted myself into him.

Venom then grabbed my legs and slammed me into the ground over and over again.

Venom: you can't stop us, Y/n.

He preceded to throw me into a wall.

I got out and he was about to go after MJ. I made a bag out of my web behind my back and said, "alright venom I get it, you win!"

He stopped and turned around, so I continued, "I'm nothing without you, I can't win... so please... take me back."

Eddie was taken aback and I said, "that's what you want right? A reunion with your first love."

Eddie: nice try, the suit belongs to me now.

"Me not us?"

It then detached it self from and Eddie and came on to me.

Venom: these feelings, they're not that of acceptance they're of-

"Rejection, yeah get used to it pal, because that's all you're getting from me, well that and this. Lyla activate the car wash protocol."

A high pitched burst of sound came out of my suit and after a minute it flew off me and I jumped in its way back to Eddie and caught it in the bag and tied it in there.

Later the lab

Mj: so that thing that attacked us was your old suit.

"Yep and after I got it off again I stuck it in a bag and dropped it in wet cement, we're not going to be seen again for a while."

MJ: what about Eddie?

"Well he apparently learned a few things from my memories, he's gone for now, but he'll be back. I know it."