Chapter 8: The Snitch

Y/n POV F.E.A.S.T. Center Chinatown, Manhattan

I walked in and I was greeted by a man in a suit who said, "welcome, I was going out to see if anyone was coming into volunteer... you are here to volunteer right?"

 you are here to volunteer right?"

"Yeah, I am. My name is Y/n Grayson."

???: I assume you're here about the flyer over at midtown high, Mr. Grayson.

"Yeah. That would be it."

???: great, oh right I'm Martin Li, by the way. I uh run this place.

"Oh then great to meet you Mr. Li."

Mr. Li then got a call and said, "oh I'll have to take this, but Mrs. Anders will show you the ropes."

"Ok, got it."

Wait... Anders? Oh no.

After he left, who would walk downstairs, but the green eyed alien in disguise that is my mother.

(Ignore the tiara. Also her eyes look normal)

Mom: Hello, Y/n.

"Hey, ma."

Mom: well follow me, we have some supplies that need moving and we need to talk.

Oh no.

We were walking to the latest shipment of food and other things and mom said, "listen I know how much Gwen meant to you."

"She was my best friend."

Mom: so if there's anything you need ever talk to me, please. I mean... we live in the same house it's almost like we're complete strangers.

That'll be true even if we talked, after all hard for a god to remember a mere human.

"Whatever you say."

Mom: one more thing, I want you to stay away from that guy in red and blue.

"Alright... you got it..."

Wait she didn't... you know what, I don't know why I'm surprised.

After work

Lyla: Y/n, the police have been notified that a body has been found in their hotel room. There are signs of a struggle. I'm sending the location to you now.

"Thanks Lyla, time to get back into the swing of things."

I ditched my mom without her seeing me and I got changed and headed over to the hotel.

When I arrived at the victim's room... yeah there is no question he was murdered, but before I could preform my own investigation police walked into the room and I got out of sight.

Cop1: oh great... would you look at this.

Cop2: what, oh come on and just when we were making progress on the case one of the two people willing to testify against hammerhead is dead.

Hammerhead?

Cop1: yeah, who knows what Terry would've known, hopefully Miller knows something.

Cop2 let's call it in we need detectives on the scene fast.

They both left and I climbed in.

So I'm on a strict time table. Got it.

I activated detective mode and with that the investigation has begun.

There's a large hole in the wall with scorch marks around them. The scorched hole in the wall however show signs of some kind of plasma weapon being in use here, however it's coming from outside the window.

The furniture in the room are all over the place, normally this'd show signs of a fight, but rather I think our vic was going to grab his own firearm as it was heading to one place and the perp obviously has very high tech, speaking of which is right beside his feet.

It seems our killer landed inside and in front of him, judging from the marks on his right wrist which suggests that it was broken, the perpetrator must've forced the gun out of his hand and then shot him in the head... dead center.

I heard the cops coming back in so I made my exit.

The Lab

I sat down and said, "Lyla, do me a favor and look through mentions of a man named hammerhead."

Lyla: Hammerhead, a species of shark known to inhabit-

"No no like in the police databases."

Lyla: of course, my mistake. Hammerhead a crime lord in queens. He is known to take part in weapons dealing, drug dealing, underground fighting rings, money laundering, and others. However his identity is unknown, and evidence to prove his involvement is insufficient.

"So a crime boss in Queens, he's up next on my list. Lyla, create a folder of my cases."

Lyla: created, what is the first entry?

"Case 01: The snitch... no that's not good enough, eh screw it, I'll think of a different name later, but it'll do for now."