Chapter six: The Failure of The Zucco Family

Y/n POV evening

After following them for a while and feeling like a creep while doing so, but I noticed that Raya and Raymond had been gone for a while now.

I snuck into the pass they wen't into and found a note by them saying, "Hello Grayson, you have 24 hours to find me or they die. Here is your one and only clue as you will need it; The Roman's always had the right idea."

He's at a property owned by Roman Sionis, wait does he have properties in Queens? Well one way to find out.

The lab

I got down to my lab and remotely connected to the bat computer thanks to a Trojan horse I have planted in it and looked through a list of properties owned by Roman Sionis. I searched through the ones in Queens and there were plenty that were used in money laundering schemes, but they are mainly all in the industrial district.

So I need to get into the city's municipal cctv system... great. Please tell me that discowing isn't the only one left.

Sionis mill early morning

Long story short, it still was and I got the data I needed, and I found the location, which I'm at now in my normal clothes.

I walked in and the two face wannabe infront of a curtain covering something and he said, "so you've finally arrived Rich-... wait you're not Grayson."

"Yes, I am."

???: as in Dick Grayson?

"Oh no, but I am his son... what did you think you'd get my father? He has better things to do with his time than deal with you."

???: Are you fucking serious?! I did all of this and I get a diet Grayson!?

"Oh no you already kidnapped a diet Grayson."

???: what?

"Yeah you captured Raymond McCreary."

???: you know what doesn't matter, now I at least make him hurt like I did.

"What?"

???: Your father damned mine to prison where he died."

"You gotta be more specific here, I mean he was a cop."

???: Tony Zucco!

"He had a son?"

Zucco: yes! Who did you think I was?!

"I don't know, president of the Two-Face fan club or something."

Zucco: God damn it! I... you're stalling me aren't you?!

"No actually."

Zucco: then why aren't you taking this seriously?!

"Because calendar man is scarier than you are, as matter of fact so is the riddler, and I had enough of their bullshit in Gotham... wait my father wasn't a cop at the time of his arrest."

Zucco: no, but he was Nightwing.

"Oh so you figured it out."

Zucco: Yes and... why aren't you taking this seriously.

"Maybe because a wealthy fanboy also did that... so congrats your as good as a upper class teenager."

Zucco: you know what fuck it time to get down to business.

He moved the curtain and revealed the two captors hanging over a vat of acid.

Zucco: I was going to wait until your father showed up, but I'll just drop them now. Don't worry though you two it won't burn, in fact it'll feel much worse it's more like insects eating away at your flesh... burrowing inside of you. I can-

"Is this you're supervillain monologue?"

Zucco: Yes!

"Wow Calendar man's got you better in that area too daddy's boy."

Zucco: I am going to gut you, dunk your body into the acid, and then mail whatever is left of you to your parents!

"Ooh I'm shaking in my boots."

Zucco: you little shit!

"You know ordinarily I'd go with the whole appeal to goodness thing, but here's the thing I've been having a real bad week, so I apologize for that, but also your hostages are gone."

Zucco: what?!

At that moment... as much as it pains me to say it my sister saved them for me.

Zucco: you little shit.

"Like I said Zucco. I've been having a real bad week. So thanks for giving me a stress relief in the form of this entry level detective mystery."

Zucco: Entry level?!

"Shit man that was like my first ever case."

Zucco: I'm going to kill you know.

He shot at me and I dodged it easily, run up to him grabbed his gun and said, "that's it?"

I twisted the gun out of his hand and pistol whipped him with it and he went down like a bag o' bricks.

I walked out the backdoor and said, "that was both sad and hilarious at the same time. Mainly because he was overhyped to all hell and well uh this is what Zucco's legacy is... serves him right, eat shit and burn in hell Zucco."

Afternoon home

I sat down and turned on the news and it said, "looks like our circus killer was finally caught tonight thanks to nightstar and an unknown vigilante presumably her-"

Don't you fucking say it!

News: sidekick, an unknown male suspect successfully apprehended Nicolas Zucco.

I turned it off and said, "so that's his name... you know I still don't care."

You know doing that though it did remind me of the good ol' days, besides like Gwen said, "with great power must also come great responsibility."