Chapter 17: The Mysterious Fishbowl

Y/n POV

I was right outside a burning building about to save the people inside when a blur of yellow and red with lightning around it, in a matter of seconds all the people inside were outside and the moment I touched down I had a note on my back saying, "You're too slow."

The Daily Bugle

I walked out of the elevator and walked up to the receptionist desk and said, "the bugle still after Spider-Man pics?"

???: you're in luck Y/n, Jonah still wants them.

"Wait how do you... Betty?"

Betty: yep that's me. You got Spider-Man photos?

"Yeah I could use the cash."

Seriously web fluid isn't cheap.

Betty let the guy know I was here because of Spider-Man photos.

I walked in and said, "you got the pictures."

I showed them pictures of me on my way to the fire and he said, "Crap, Crap, mega crap... I'll give you 500 for em."

"1000 minimum or I'll go to the globe with them."

Jonah: that's outrageous, 1000 it is. So you gotta name kid?

"Y/n Grayson."

Jonah: Grayson, you get anymore pictures like this and you give them to me.

The lab

"Lyla, any information on our speedster?"

Lyla: not that I can gather. He just showed up one day.

"Connect to the Wayne tech satellite and scan for any air pressure anomalies resulting from that of a sonic boom."

Lyla: scanning now.

Bank vault 3rd person POV

Guard1: Hey ever wonder why we're here?

Guard2: Well that's... a deep question I mean-

A cloud of purple smoke appeared and from it a man in green and purple showed up and said, "Behold mere mortals! For it is I the great Mysterio!"

The guards pulled there guns out, but were almost immediately engulfed in a strange green gas and they fired randomly.

Y/n POV

Lyla: there's a bank robbery in progress, get moving.

I quickly got changed and swung to the bank to see that a guy wearing a fishbowl on his head was carrying duffles full of cash.

"Sorry to say Nemo, but I don't think USD won't be worth much soaked."

???: you dare speak to the great Mysterio that way.

A green gas then encompassed the area and a giant snake showed up and I... jumped through it? What's going on?

Then the blur showed up and did the same thing and this time ran into the wall and revealed he was wearing some Ross clearance aisle clothes.

"Yo Kid Flash! Get up we need to stop... Fishbowl."

I looked back and noticed he was gone.

Kid Flash: what did you call me?

"Kid Flash, but that doesn't matter right now Mysterio got away."

Kid flash then left and I said, "got anything on the anomalies front Lyla?"

Lyla: yep and I got a location too.

I headed there and when I showed up, it was apparent he lived here. There were articles about Uncle Wally on the walls, I turned on the old tv and it was tuned into the bugle talking about Luke Cage and Iron Fist.

He seems to want to do the right thing, maybe he isn't a threat.

Through the door came Kid Flash and he said, "how did you find me?"

"I have a supercomputer which is attached to a satellite that can track air pressure anomalies that come from sonic booms, but I want to know something who are you?"

Kid Flash: don't know, still working on that myself. I know my name, but not much else.

"What's your name?"

Kid Flash: Bar Torr, I.. don't know where I come from, but I will find out one day. Last week I woke up on some orphanages doorstep and I could run faster than friction can move.

"Well then Bar... it's nice to meet you."

Bar: any idea who that Mysterio guy was?

"None, but-"

Bar: I found the location where he's hiding out. I was gonna stop for some grub before coming to find you.

"Find me, why?"

Bar: We started the fight as a team up so we might as well end it as one right?

"Then let's go."

Kid flash then grabbed me and whisked me off to the safe house of Mysterio.

We walked in and saw Mysterio with his mask off.

Lyla: facial recognition says he's Quentin Beck, he's a former practical effects designer who was arrested for the attempted robbery of his boss.

"Beck! It's over, you lose!"

He put the fishbowl back on and let the purple smoke out. Then a giant snake appeared in front of us and my spider sense went off.

I jumped out of the way and it slammed into the wall.

"He's got more than just hallucinogens!"

Kid flash: kinda figured!

Mysterio then let out more gas and more of him showed up only for them to be fake and the snake hit me into a pile of crates and slammed Kid into a wall.

"Just perfect..."