Chapter two: great power and responsibility

Y/n POV lunchtime

Me and Gwen were out in the back of the school where no one was around.

Gwen: how can you see?

"I don't know... maybe maybe that spider did something to me."

Gwen: spider?

"The one from oscorp. It bit me and then I wake up and see that I'm toned, then tube of toothpaste is stuck to my hand, t-t-t-then I outrun the bus, and th-th-the football thing. It's the only thing I can think of."

Gwen: so you were bit by a spider and you got powers. So what's next you gonna be a superhero or something?

"NO! No.... not again."

Gwen: not again?

"Oh fuck me."

Gwen: what, were you Robin or something... oh my god you were weren't you? Yeah you're from Gotham, you look enough like the kid and it was four years ago when he quit.

"Yeah when I lost my sight that was kind of a deal breaker for Batman."

Gwen: all this time and you never told me.

"Oh tell you what, that I was beaten with a crowbar for two hours and strapped to an electric chair which permanently damaged the part of my brain that deals with sight when I was eleven. After that... I kinda wanted to forget that ever happened."

Gwen: you have a point. On a different note what else can you do?

"I don't know... get off of the table."

Gwen: why?

"I'm gonna try to pick it up and I don't want to accidentally hurt you if I drop it."

She did so and I effortlessly lifted it up with one hand.

"I'm gonna guess that the same thing applies to durability."

I put down the table and Gwen said, "this is strange, but I wonder... since the spider was genetically modified, did it leave a mark on you other than your powers."

"Like what a perfected genome?"

We walked away and saw a large group surrounding a table and we walked over to it and saw Flash with someone in his arms and shoving their face in their food.

Flash noticed me and said, "Grayson, do me a favor and take a picture."

"That ain't gonna happen."

Flash: do it Grayson!

"Put him down Eugene, now."

I glared at him and he dropped the guy and he punched me in the face, but not knowing what would happen if I didn't react I gave way and fell to the ground.

Flash: get up.

I did and he kicked me in the stomach on the way up and I gave way again.

Gwen: that's enough Flash!

Flash: stay out of it.

Gwen: Back off now Eugene. I'm not kidding.

She glared at him and he backed off.

Everyone left and I got up and said, "I should've gave him the bat-glare."

Gwen: Bat-glare?

"It's a thing we do. When you're the only guy on a team without powers you gotta have something to put you ahead and I'd love to see someone try to say no to the glare."

Gym

I was on the bleachers contemplating what I could do with these powers when I heard someone say, "you did that on purpose Flash!"