Chapter 12: Multitasking

Y/n POV

Dr. Connors: so that's your story... a boy with a high learning aptitude studied to the point where he got the attention of Dr. Langstrom.

"That's about it, yeah."

Dr. Connors: that's impressive, you must be quite the genius. Why are you still in high school?

"My parents want me to have a normal life, rather than the one I had in Gotham at a private school for naturally gifted and stuck up child genius's"

Dr. Connors: Well mr. Grayson I believe we'll get along just fine.

"Agreed."

Dr. Connors: Well Y/n I will attempt to help tutor you in your academic pursuits, but I have a lot of work to get done and-

"I'm guess with that formula for cellular regeneration using the gene that a lizard has that allows them to regenerate their tail after detaching it."

Dr. Connors: how did you...

"I like to know what I'm getting into, but I heard you're having trouble with a part of it, so have you tried..."

I proceeded to write down the solution I came up with last night when researching him and said, "this yet."

Dr. Connors: no... I have not, but... that might actually work... what say you to assisting me after school.

"I'd love too."

After school the next day

I was walking out the gates when I heard, "HEY, GYPSIE!"

Oh for fuck sake.

I turned around and saw the Aryan dream known as Whitley.

"What do you want?"

Whitley: you know exactly what I want gutter trash.

"Screw off."

He grabbed me and said, "make me..."

"Make you what? Say less cheesy lines than make me?"

He was about to hit me when Mary showed up pushed him off of me. I didn't bother to stick around after that and vanished without either of them noticing.

I quickly got changed and swung in the direction of oscorp and then I saw a... guy in a yellow and red quilt?

 guy in a yellow and red quilt?

Quilt-man: Get out of my way!

Why does it feel like there's always something with this city?

I dropped down on a car in front of him and said, "Whoa there Quilty. How about you put the money down and surrender."

Quilty: my name is the Shocker! And I need this money more than they do.

Then a huge shockwave came from his hands and flipped the car I was on, but I jumped off in time and landed it.

"Shocker huh, well better than nothing."

I jumped at him and then my spider sense started tingling, so I used my webs to dodge the blast.

When I landed I attempted to attack, but was hit with the shockwave and I crashed through a wall.

"First ow... second that is some crazy tech."

I got up and charged him and then he blasted the ground, jumped onto the next building and said, "this is where I take my leave Spider-Man."

He ran, but I chased him as he jumped rooftop to rooftop with his gauntlets and I eventually got in front of him he attempted to fire at me, but I webbed his gauntlets closed so they blew up.

He dropped down mumbling something about someone be named Mellisa.

Lyla: Y/n, you're going to be late if you don't hurry.

Right, doctor Connors almost forgot about that.

Oscorp labs

I hauled ass, but I was still late. Because of course I was.

I walked up to doctor Connors and was about to say something until I noticed he was on the phone.

He hung up and said, "ah Grayson and only 10 minutes late."

"Sorry about that, I-"

Dr. Connors: don't be, it gave me a chance to call my wife. Now shall we see if our solution will work.

We walked over to the supercomputer that would simulate the results.

Dr. Connors: for the experiment we will be using three legged mice.

We input the solution and the simulation began each time.

Fail

After a couple more failures to meet the expected result... it finally worked the formula was constructed in the way that it was going to cause the regeneration of said missing limb.

Dr. Connors: Looks like within a year I'll be able to hold my son again.

He took the serum that resulted in the successful simulation and injected it into the three legged mice and I said, "so when will human trials take place?"

Dr. Connors: two weeks from now.

I noticed that there was some kind of strange cylindrical device hooked up in a glass office room.

"What exactly is that?"

Dr. Connors: that is the Ganali Device. The idea is a simple one, load it up with an antigen and it'll make a raincloud over a neighborhood or a city and it disperses it via the cloud.

"Fascinating."

Dr. Connors: but right now, we will celebrate the fact that we created the cure for human weakness. How about we drink on it.

"I'm 15, sir."

Dr. Connors: I won't tell if you don't.

Lyla: spotted a Hammerhead affiliate with a group of people heading to a fish cannery parking lot. Possible weapons deal taking place.

"As tempting as that sounds doctor, I've got to help my dad out with something. Maybe next time doc."

Fish cannery parking lot early evening

Goon1: finally you show... we've been waiting forever.

A employee of Tinkerer stepped out and said, "sorry 'bout that, but my partner decided to take a project of his and do something stupid, so loading this stuff up is a pain in the ass."

Goon2: doesn't matter, what do ya got?

Tinkerer goon: Let's see here, plasma cannon, gravity gun, climbers...

I dropped down and said, "Hey do you guys have anything the winter soldier would approve of... god damn it, one day I'll get these names right, but in my defense it's called arms dealing."

One guy grabbed the plasma cannon and fired and I dodged it while jumping toward him. I grabbed the gun smashed his face with it and threw him into his friends.

I webbed them together, but when I turned around I saw the guy was getting away in the van I tried to give chase, but then I set off a mine that released a electrified net that caught me and the man got away.