Chapter 21: the not so thankful thanksgiving.

Y/n POV

Okay what the hell is going on right now. I'm staring myself in the face and I'm not even looking in the mirror.

Things have gotten really weird since October.

2 weeks ago evening

Bar: so how's the Hammerhead investigation going?

"Good so far, I have the names of Hammerheads and tombstones lawyers, who are currently being looked into by Red Robin. Found hammerhead's safe house, and busted a few of his fiancé's underground rackets. Even got a few connections."

Bar: why did Hammerhead and Tombstone form an alliance?

"Manhattan was getting to risky and when queens' only heroes are a speedster that doesn't know the first thing about evidence, an alien that rarely goes street level and a detective with spider powers. That looks a lot better than the six different superpowered detectives in Manhattan. So he decided to move shops and work with the main crime kingpin here to strengthen his boys."

Bar: hurtful, but sounds about right. Okay so you've been making good progress.

"Yep."

Lyla: break in over at a penthouse of some musician.

"I gotta go see ya."

When I arrived I saw a dark skinned girl with short purplish hair wearing Sam fisher-esque goggles stealing a music award.

I webbed the award and stole it from her saying, "sorry to say sweetheart, but I'm at least 90 percent sure that doesn't belong to you."

???: you're right, but can you give me a break spider?

"Sorry to say I'm not exactly into criminals. Who are you by the way."

???: call me talon.

"Wow are you lucky we're not in Jersey."

Then a group of guards ran in and I said, "oh you bitch."

Talon: not my fault you're dumb.

She jumped out the hole she put in the window and I dropped the award and followed her.

I chased her across the rooftops and managed to web her goggles off and saw her face. She was my age.

I pinned her down to the ground and said, "I'd consider changing the name after all talons can complete a job."

Then something from the sky came and crashed into the park nearby causing fires.

Talon: unfortunate for everyone at the rally.

"Rally?"

Talon: you know the mayor's reelection campaign rally in the park.

I looked again and saw banners for the mayor.

Talon: you have two options spider, either capture me or save them.

"I'll choose both."

I webbed her to the rooftop and got to the park as fast as I could.

I managed to help most of the people when I stepped in something wet and ran to the mayor and got him out from under the rubble of his podium.

After everyone was safe I saw that what crashed was a small asteroid.

I got back to the roof and saw the thief escaped.

"Perfect. Well at least I saved those people."

I swung to a perch when kid flash showed up and said, "hey dude what's up with the Todd McFarlane suit?"

"What are you?"