Chapter 9: The Beetle

Y/n POV

So I know that he's in possession of some high tech equipment and it's likely an armor so...

"Lyla bring that latest Stark project up again."

Lyla: of course.

I looked at the description of the project, apparently it's a high tech armor capable of firing condensed plasma to aid in deconstruction or clearing paths and areas for construction and there's a video showing off what it can do.

The video shows that it's weapons produce a similar effect to our man's suit... too similar.

"Please let my first super villian be Tony Stark."

Lyla: that is highly unlikely.

"I know, but I really want to beat his ass. Anyway what's the engineer behind this project's name?"

Lyla: Abner Jenkins.

"He at the office right now?"

Lyla: indeed he is.

"Also preform a background check on him I need to know everything about him."

Lyla: on it.

Abner's lab

I dropped down behind Jenkins and in Latverian I said, "hello there Mr. Juric, we need to talk."

He turned around and took a few steps back.

Abner: who are you?

"I uh don't exactly have a name yet, I'm working on one though, but that's not my point."

Abner: Why are you here?

"Simple, a few hours ago a body was found. The body of one Terrance Fitzgerald. Who was found however, is not near as important as who killed him."

Abner: what does that have to do with me and who is-

"Simple Juric, your latest project utilizes very similar technology to that of my killer, too similar in fact. It also doesn't help that you're a Latverian immigrant with a criminal record of supplying various criminals with technology."

Abner: how do you...

"Next time change more than your last name Abby, also I've informed your employer of this, so security will be down here about a minute or so after I leave, but until then you're gonna tell me who you sold the suit too."

Abner: ...no point in trying to hide it anymore I guess, but sorry I'm not telling you anything.

"Do you even-"

Abner: I'm assuming you're talking about the mechanized aerial combat harness. It's capable of enhancing the users strength, reflexes and speed along with granting the user flight. It also comes with wrist mounted blades and condensed plasma projectors capable of destroying titanium if needed.

"That... actually sounds like it yeah."

Abner: I'm not telling you anything about the customer.

I gave him the glare and said, "oh you're going to tell me... or I break every bone in your body."

Abner: sorry, but you're not Batman.

"...you're right, I'm scarier."

10 minutes later Tony Stark POV

I busted through the locked doors and saw Abner on the ground scared of... something.

"What are you."