TWELVE

jeongguk knocked furiously on the door, rubbing his bloody knuckles against his jeans and tapping his feet on the ground, waiting impatiently for the door to open.

"who is it?" the voice asked from the other side of the door.

the door opened a few seconds later to taehyung rubbing his eyes sleepily.

"what are you doing here jungkook?" he asked, placing his glasses properly on his face.

it was finally when he noticed how bloody the other was.

a gasp left his parted lips as he gently pulled jungkook into his house.

"jungkook what did you do?"

"it's jeongguk."

"what were you thinking?" the therapist asks, running into his kitchen and returning with a first aid kit.

he moved the papers on his coffee table to one side, settling on the cleared space and opening the first aid box.

"what happened?" he asked as he wiped the cuts on jeongguk's face.

"i got into a fight."

"what? why?" taehyung asks, dabbing the cut close to jeongguk's eyebrow.

"long story." jeongguk replies, hissing.

"sorry." taehyung says, blowing on jeongguk's face.

"you know... they say kisses make wounds heal faster-"

"you are not getting a kiss from me jeongguk." taehyung says, closing the first aid box and returning to the kitchen.

"scared you'll fall for me?"

"with you looking like shit? i'm not sure anyone wants to fall for something like that."

"come on. you know I look handsome."

"yeah. as handsome as a pufferfish."

"you're good."

taehyung tsks, opening the refrigerator and grabbing a tupperware containing soup.

"jeongguk..." he says, facing the man, "have you ever thought about how everyone that is in your body feels? when you behave like this? you're not just hurting yourself you know? there are other people hurting. think about kookie. he's like a child. how would you feel if you hurt a child?"

"that's not a child that's a dumbo. if they don't like the feeling of pain, they can leave the body. make it quick!" jeongguk yells as he walks back to the living room.

taehyung sighs, shaking his head.

few minutes later when taehyung is done reheating chicken soup, he carries the bowel of soup to the living room, the sight of the sleeping man welcoming him.

he drops the bowel on the table, reaching for his feet and taking off the timberlands.

he then taps the man awake.

"gguk. wake up. the soup will get cold." taehyung whispers softly, pushing his hair away from his face.

the said male blinks his eyes, waking up and looking around the room.

"i wanna go home." he mumbles looking at his lap.

"jeongguk have the soup i made for you."

"h-hurts." jeongguk mumbles, tears filling his eyes as he sniffles.

"je-jeonguk?" taehyung calls out.

"i'm kookie." jeongguk mumbles.

"oh... hi kookie. are you hungry?" taehyung questions.

kookie nods, staring at the bowl of food.

taehyung picks up the bowl of soup, scooping it up and blowing on it to cool it down and then pushes it into the boy's mouth.

"is it good?" he asks, scooping up another one.

"delicious." he says, giving a thumbs up, bunny smile on display.

it was the first time taehyung has seen jungkook/jeongguk/kookie smile.

and it was... the most precious thing in the world.

it was to be protected.