Let's Not Do That Again (requested)

This is a requested 10th Doctor imagine. Requested by Castiel_Jimmy_Novak.

~~~Vicky's POV~~~

"Dammit!" I said as I kicked the vending machine.

The Doctor came smiling over to me, he took his sonic screwdriver out and started to fix the machine, in no time flat I had my chips.

I opened the bag and started to eat them as the Doctor was telling me what was going on.

"So, be ready to leave any minute." The Doctor said.

We had to deal with something called a ammeter, something to do with destroying the whole plant or something like that, to be honest it's been a while since I've seen something "normal".

"Let me guess, as soon as they see us, they'll start shooting at as?" I asked.

The Doctor nodded his head and smirked. Before we knew it, sirens and flash libra were going off. I groaned and rolled my eyes.

"I just wanted to eat my chips!" I complained.

The Doctor giggled. We ran down a hallway, then made a sharp left, kept running, then another sharp left. As soon as the Doctor opened the door that lead outside, I felt better.

The Tardis wasn't far from where we were, but it was still better to run there. I swear since I've been with the Doctor my long distance running has improved a lot.

"THERE OVER HERE!" Someone called out.

There were a group of big men all dressed in black with guns. My heart skipped a beat. Out of all the weapons in the universe, they decided to use a gun, how human.

The men started to fire at us. The doctor wrapped his arms around me, he also tried to put this body in between the men and me. From a building that sat in front of me, was another man.

"Doctor there's-" I tried to say.

I was too late to do anything. There was a sharp pain in my gut, I looked down too see blood, my legs started to feel like jello, I stopped running and fell into the Doctor's arms.

"What the hell - VICKY NO! STAY WITH ME!" The Doctor cried out.

I smiled up at him. I'd never seen him this way before, I'd been warned many times about how dangerous he was, but that didn't cure my crave for adventure and I got it.

"The stars..." I trailed off.

~~~The Doctor's POV~~~

I carried Vicky to the TARDIS. Her body had gone limp, I don't know if that was good or really really bad, she wasn't dead through, at least not yet. I'd lost people before, but not Vicky, she was too kind and funny to die.

Finally we made it to the TARDIS. I grabbed as many blankets as I could, I set Vicky down on her bed and looked at her wound, the bullet had got right through her. I took some bandages and applied pressure to her wound. Vicky was still conscious.

After about three hours of having applied pressure to her wound, it stopped bleeding. I then began to stitch it up. It hurt me to even be hurting her like this, but if she was to survive if have to soldier through it.

"Come on, wake up." I pleaded.

No answer. Nothing. A whole lot of nothingness. Her breathing was good, but if she didn't wake up soon....then I'm going to need a graveyard.

~~~

I'd stayed at Vicky's for a few days now. Her breaths were still smooth, the bleeding had stopped. It was up to her to wake up. The truth I was scared for her, she was so sweet. I picked up her left hand, her nails were still blue from when I tried to paint them, I think I didn't pretty good.

"Doctor?" Vicky whimpered.

I smiled and rubbed her hand. She was up! It'd been a while since she woke up and I was worried.

"I'm here love." I said.

Vicky smiled back at me, her smile honestly made my day, as cheesy as it sounds, it was true.

"How long have I been out?" Vicky asked.

She rubbed her head with her right hand, I was still holding on to her left hand.

"Three days." I answered.

Vicky smiled, she loved to sleep and please she hadn't had a good sleep for a while now, so three days of sleep was heaven for her. Vicky tried to sit up, but she whimpered and went back down. I let go of her hand and rushed off to the kitchen to grab her some food and water.

~~~

I came back with a grilled cheese and water in my hand. I noticed that Vicky had sat up and was playing on her phone.

"Food?" I asked.

Vicky smiled and nodded her head. I walked over to her and handed her, her food.

"I'm so so so sorry for you getting hurt, I - I didn't mean for you to get hurt like this!" I apologized.

Vicky swallowed her food.

"It's fine, can we just not do that again?" She smiled.

I nodded my head and kissed her forehead.

~~~

(A/N): I'M SO SO SO SO SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT! I FEEL HORRIBLE!! By the way if you guys have a request, just private message with the details and I'll do it!!

Love you guys so much!! 💙

~ Merida of Scotland