4| Sandboy 2.0

She shook her head, backing away from him the closer he got. She stumbled to the ground, tears clouding her vision.

"What's wrong, Marinette?" He growled her name, stretching his arm out to reach her miraculous. "I was pawsitive you'd be glad to see me." Chat knelt down, taking in her fear-stricken expression. A smirk made its way to his face, his eyes defiant.

"What do you want?" she said through gritted teeth, all her courage dissipating.

"Oh, come on, m'lady." The tips of his fingers nearly grasped her earrings. "You already know I want—"

"Can't touch what isn't yours." Chat Noir elongated his staff, far enough to push the white Chat's hand away. He pounced beside his lady. "What in the hell is that?" Skillfully spinning his stick, he fell into a protective stance, while the dotted heroine got to her feet in a haste. She hid behind Chat Noir.

Surely, he was mad at her. Specifically hurt by their previous encounter. But he knew better than to let his anger get the best of him. He didn't want to be the one to turn against her at her weakest, when she needed him most.

When she didn't respond, he tilted his head, confused at whoever that lame copycat of his was. "That's your biggest fear? This half-a-euro imitation of... me?"

"We have no time, Chat. Either we save Paris from sandboy or..." She glanced at Chat Blanc, who advanced towards the two of them. Her kitty fought in her place, him and his akumatized-self clinking their staffs together as if fencing. "Careful, Chat Noir."

She knew Chat Blanc was indestructible, a powerful force never to be tainted. If she were to focus on him, she'd forget about the main villain.

"Cataclysm." Chat gathered his powers at his clenched fist. As he raced to end his unlawful twin, Chat Blanc grabbed the hand bursting with destruction, and pushed it into his stomach. It sent Chat Noir flying all the way across the street, his face contorted with pain he deemed indescribable.

She watched Chat Blanc take threatening steps his way. Her eyes shimmering with a glint of fear. This was indeed her biggest nightmare.

"Chat Noir, look out!" Ladybug wrapped her yo-yo around Chat Blanc's waist and with all her might, she hurled him towards a building. It fell to ruins at the collision.

"You think you weak superheroes can get rid of me that easily?" He got to his feet, unbothered. He turned to Chat Noir, a sardonic smile occupying his face. "You with your faulty cataclysm." He chuckled. "Have you maybe tried the... mega cataclysm!"

Chat Noir's eyes widened, and before Ladybug could reach out, the ball of cataclysmic energy flew straight into her partner's heart, consuming him. His entire being froze to stone, and as the wind blew by, it carried his ashes further away. Along with Ladybug's broken heart.

"No... my kitty." She clutched her chest, hugging herself. Tears slipped down her cheeks and her head hung low.

"Now, now, m'lady," he came to face her, wiping the tears away with the pad of his thumb, "if you hand over your miraculous, it'll all be over." His fingers curled around her earrings. Her eyes widened and her will to fight awakened.

If she gave in to him, she wouldn't be able to bring her kitty back. And that was beyond questioning.

Ladybug scowled, twisting his arm and turning him around. She shoved him to the ground, and took the chance to call out her lucky charm. A ring similar to Chat Noir's, but faintly decorated with her ladybug pattern, fell from the sky and into her receptive hands. "Huh?"

"Give me your miraculous!" Sandboy and Chat Blanc screamed. Sandboy came flying from one side and Chat slowly walking from the other. His arm straightened in front of him, and his fingers fell into position, ready to flick a cataclysmic sphere her way.

She looked to both sides, trying to piece the puzzle with her vision. Her powers finally worked in her favor, as they zoomed in on her yo-yo, the ring, Chat Blanc, and sandboy's pillow.

She knew exactly what to do. A simple plan for a simple victory.

"Wouldn't you want Chat Noir's too?" She raised it high to where the villain can see. A sly smile graced her face, "Come and get it." She yelled, grabbing ahold of her yo-yo.

Ladybug threw the ring mid-air and Sandboy rushed towards it. Grunting, she stretched her weapon to sandboy's base, where he stood. The string tightened around his pillow and she pulled it down. Sandboy lost balance, and while he tumbled down, Ladybug held the pillow to her face just as Chat flicked his finger. The alight sphere came in direct contact with the akumatized object, and it crumbled, sending the butterfly fluttering away.

She caught the boy in her arms, captured the akuma and watched the nightmares vanish one by one. Including her biggest obstacle. "Bye bye little butterfly." She threw her lucky charm in the air. "Miraculous ladybug." Her magical insects travelled all throughout the city, fixing every dent, and every fearful heart. Restoring peace among the residents.

"Ladybug?"

"You should stay away from horror movies, little friend." She set him down. "I'll take you home just..." Her eyes desperately roamed the streets, hoping to locate her kitty. She caught sight of him rubbing the back of his head. "Chat Noir!"

Kneeling down to cup his cheeks, he gave her a look swirling with dejection. "M'lady... I think you and I need to talk."