||Finale|| Closures

She dragged him along, and all the way back to her home, him trailing silently behind her with the cutest expression on his face. One that screamed: bemused (don't be, though, it's just the news). His eyebrows were raised, mouth slightly agape, and his feet were barely able to hold him upright, let alone walk him. No really. He stumbled over himself a few times, and almost managed to take her down with him.

When they reached her room, Adrien frantically looked around, his eyes searching for his kwami.

"You don't have to worry, he's with..." She sighed, unable to bring herself to say the words. "I..." She fiddled with the hem of her shirt. "I need to show you something." She strolled to where her 'art supply' box rested, and unlocked it with trembling fingers that made it all the much more terrifying.

Marinette was afraid of whatever reaction coming.

When he finds out she's Ladybug, the girl who single-handedly tore him apart and failed to be there for him, the one who constantly fed him lies, he would surely hate her for it. Yet she braced herself for all possible scenarios, ready to make it up for him even if all her energy ran out.

Grabbing onto the miracle box, it didn't take long before the kwamis spiraled out, their own included.

At that very moment, he could feel his world crumble; a mirror breaking into shards at such painful revelation. It was just like she'd imagined. His forehead creased with a frown, and he absent-mindedly took a step back. "You..." A dreadful pause engulfed the atmosphere. "Marinette, I can't believe you're—No, actually, I can. I can see it now," he scoffed, glancing away and then down.

"Adrien..."

"You lost me as Chat Noir so you ran to fix your mistakes as Marinette. An absolute genius, aren't you?" His voice cracked, a lump in his throat making it harder for him to breathe.

"Okay," She balled her fists by her sides, releasing a heavy breath, her calm facade a veil to her emotions, "Before you make any absurd assumptions about the situation, you need to know that I've always loved you as Adrien." Her words came out more of a plea for forgiveness rather than an explanation. And maybe she really was pleading. Begging him to put it all behind them.

His heart swelled at her confession, weak under the sincerity of her tone. He silenced himself, shutting out his raging thoughts and allowing her to speak further.

"In fact, the reason why Ladybug was never able to love Chat Noir was because of Adrien."

"What changed then? What made you fall in love with...?"

"I lost you a lot. In every single way imaginable and in a very short time, I... hated having you hate me so much. Having you out of my life. I knew I wouldn't ever go on without you. Without my kitty cat." She walked over to where he stayed rooted in place, and cupped his cheek; tender, eyes shimmering with pure love for this boy. He succumbed to her touch, leaning into the palm of her hand. His eyelids fell shut and he lowered his head, nuzzling his face into the crook of her neck. "I love you, Adrien Agreste. And I most definitely, love you, Chat Noir."

"Why did you lie, m'lady?"

Her chest constricted at the nickname, and she became increasingly aware of the little creatures watching everything unfold. Their excitement pooling into her own. "I was scared for you. I didn't want to see you be Chat Blanc. Ever again."

"And the only time that felt right was..." He implied his father's defeat; however, unable to have the words roll off the tip of his tongue. "You knew I was safe now," he muttered, his breath tickling the surface of her delicate skin. Everything was as clear as his love for her. And he couldn't be happier having things turn out simpler than they'd made it out to be. The delight had his heart flutter. To think that his lady, the one who broke him towards the end, was his one and only princess, who mended all the scattered pieces... It brought a wave of tears to his eyes. "I love you, princess. So much you don't understand."

Plagg crossed his arms, clearly repulsed. "And that's where you cut and give me camembert."

A mix of laughter and annoyed groans broke out all around in response.

Adrien raised his head to press a light kiss to Marinette's lips, a foolish grin on both their faces. "What did you say, Plagg?" He feigned confusion. "Claws out?"

The kwami grumbled, trying to latch onto Wayzz as the ring fully sucked him in. And in a flash of lime green, Chat Noir stood proud amidst the room.

Marinette's eyes glazed with desire. "Tikki, spots on!" And the lady has arrived.

"How about...?" He pressed a clawed finger to his chin. "The Eiffel Tower, m'lady?" Kneeling down to take her hand, "Cause that's where... Eiffel for you."

She rolled her eyes at his suggestive expression, nonetheless, a smirk persistent at the corner of her lips. She softly laced her fingers into his, and at last, nothing seemed to matter any more. Everything fell perfectly into place, and like puzzle pieces, they fit each other's worlds as if made just for it. Even when they occupied different ends of the spectrum.

And that was the beauty and the magic of the Yin and Yang. The beauty and the magic of balance.