31| Curiosity Killed The Cat

They spent the entire evening with one another, and when the time came for him to depart, Marinette found herself unable to let him go. She reached out to him and veiled his hand with the warmth of hers. A deep crimson red rushed to her cheeks, and her gaze darted away from his inquiring face. "You know you can... stay, right?"

"I don't want to intrude—"

"Adrien, don't say that." A frown adorned her angelic features and he stilled before her. She looked so beautiful. It was hard for him not to drop everything and just kiss her. Kiss her like they'd done a few nights back, if not a little more passionate. "You're all alone in that big mansion, I—I can't let you leave. Either you stay, or I go with you." Determination filled her ocean blue stare, and a soft smile tugged at the corner of his lips. One that stood evidence of the overflowing admiration he held for that girl.

"Marinette, I..." He took a hesitant step closer. "I would love to spend the night with you." He released a shaky breath, a chuckle mingling with his words. "I would really love to spend the night with you."

"Awesome!" Tom cheered, wrapping his arms around the two. He yanked them into his chest, and their cheeks flushed at the proximity he's brought upon them. They both awkwardly turned their heads away, in a rather failed attempt to cover it up. But Sabine has already caught sight of the light shades of pink, and a knowing smile brightened up her face.

"Tom, let them breathe." She laughed, placing her hands on his forearms to ease his grip.

"Oh, oh, sorry." He lowered himself, still a bit reluctant to fully release them. And as he set them down to their feet once more, Adrien laughed in short, ragged gasps, while Marinette reflexively steadied herself against him, leaning onto him for support after having her breath robbed by her over-excited father.

Such an action on Marinette's part, had Adrien's heart run wild, his thoughts racing a mile a minute. Further to his surprise, she entwined their fingers, her skin warm. "We're gonna go now." She gently tugged him forward. "Please, don't bother with us." She giggled, internally groaning at the utter embarrassment that scorched her. She hoped her parents would take the hint, and allow them some much-needed time alone.

They made their way upstairs, Marinette dragging her beloved behind her, eager to escape the bakery and settle into the comfort of her own room. With him.

The scent of freshly baked croissant wafted through the air, and Adrien slightly resisted the force of her pull. "Mari, could I... y'know? Have some croissants?" He felt ridiculous asking such a question, fearing he seemed desperate. But the Dupain bakery was the most ethereal place in the city, he couldn't resist such mouth-watering pastries.

She came to a halt, turning to him with an amused grin. "I didn't know you were a big fan."

"Uh," He scratched the back of his head, "Surprise?"

Genuine laughter consumed the two of them, and Marinette, much to her dismay, let go of his hand. "You go inside, I'll bring you some." And with a pat on his shoulder, she moved past him, her body lightly grazing his, which arose a burning fire within the pit of his stomach. The effect she had on him was insane. It flustered him to no end.

He climbed into her room, and Plagg swirled out from beneath his overshirt. "Awesome place, blah," He stuck out his tongue, cringing, "Everything is so pink and there's no camembert."

The blond rolled his eyes, and headed towards her chaise. "Would you like it better green?"

"Nah," He shook his tiny head, "I'd like it better white, round, and smelly," he drawled, picturing himself laying atop a huge wheel of his favorite cheese.

"Does it happen to be..." He pretended to deeply think about it, tapping a finger to his chin, "Dairy?"

"How'd you know?" Plagg feigned shock, his eyes skimming over the room. His gaze fell upon a rosy pink art supply box, in which he could strongly sense the presence of others of his kind. He floated towards it. "Would it be bad to snoop through people's stuff?"

Adrien's head snapped his kwami's way upon hearing his words. "Plagg, no!" He rushed to catch him, panic setting in, but the little cat was quicker to act, already phasing through the box.

The sweet voice of his princess came within earshot, and he winced. "What are you doing?"