36| Just The Truth

By the time their trip had reached an end, Paris was drenched with the potency of mid-winter rain. Everyone had rushed towards the bus, while Luka and Marinette stayed back, Adrien awkwardly left behind. He contemplated asking her not to go. To walk home right by his side. And he hesitated, internally conflicted.

"Oh wow, we have to make a run for it." She laughed, shielding her forehead.

"No... I do," Luka said, "I'll tell everyone you have your own ride." He nudged Marinette, sublty nodding his head at the bag she had strapped to her shoulder. "You have an umbrella in there, right? Put it to good use, don't you think?" Flashing her a charming smile, he ran away. She watched him safely make it to the vehicle, her mouth agape and her heart swelling with a desire to thank him till she couldn't anymore.

Adrien took a step forward, staring off into the distance. "I..." He started, just as she unzipped her bag, "Was thinking that..." His words trailed off, his eyes inspecting each of her moves. Unbeknownst to her intentions, his breath caught in his throat, the sight of her clicking the umbrella open rendering his chest tight.

He wasn't surprised she still had it; he'd experienced that delight once already. What left him raking his brain for something to say, however, was the fact that last time, he'd desperately wanted to take her home, beneath this very umbrella. And now, his wish was a reality. He no longer had a bodyguard to drive him home, to force him into the car. Or Chinese lessons to interrupt his plans. At this exact moment, he only had her company, the umbrella, and the rain.

"You were..." she drew out her sentence, relishing the blush that coated his cheeks, "Thinking we could walk home?" She giggled, "Figured."

Prepared to leave the shelter the ceiling of the entrance provided, she stilled at his soft call, her entire body going numb. If she wasn't so near, she wouldn't have heard him over the deafening downpour. "Marinette."

She turned to him, her movements slow and guarded. Many questions seemed to be written all over her face. "Yes?"

How he wished to close the distance between them. To just lock lips with hers and do nothing but kiss under the setting sun. "I didn't enjoy today."

"What?" Her eyebrows raised in utter shock, and almost immediately guilt ate away at her. "But... but I thought..."

"I don't feel like we spent enough time together."

She frowned, now confused more than ever. "What do you mean? I was with you all the time."

"Yes, but..." His head hung low, anxiety creeping in on him, "I couldn't say everything I wanted to. Do everything I wanted to."

Marinette couldn't respond.

She was beyond flustered, and even through the chill in the air, that arose goosebumps to the surface of her skin, she felt warm.

Adrien came up to her, his chest an inch away from hers. He towered over her small frame, and she stared up at him, her innocent bluebell eyes slightly wide. The heavenly scent of nature being cleansed away of all tarnishing, was soon masked by his (radient, carefree, dreamy... Adrien the) fragrance. And the proximity at which they stood basked them in the purity of their pleasure.

She could see how nervous he was, how his throat moved as he swallowed, his jaw tense and locked. His hand reached around her waist, gently pulling her into him, their hips connecting in a way that made her want to bury herself underground. To escape the embarrassing arousal he'd brought upon her, and the undoubtedly scarlet blush that crawled up to her face.

The soft touch of his palm now laid at the end of her spine, scorching hot through the material of her overshirt. Tingles spread all over her, while fireworks exploded within the pit of his stomach, running up his veins in electrifying spasms. It all overwhelmed him.

For the first time, Adrien would feel her lips against his own as himself. No mask, no suit. And it was worth the wait. The challenging, long, agonizing wait.

He bent down, his head lowering in gradual pulses that drowned her in excitement. He slightly flinched back, then made a move once more. As if unsure of whether she wanted it.

To his surprise, Marinette ran her hands up and into the golden strands of his hair, eagerly pushing his head down. She drew him impossiblly close, for his lips to be flush against her plump ones, propelling herself up on the tip of her toes to easily reach him. He immediately kissed back, moving against her to ensure he filled every curve of her body with his own. And she released a soft breath of satisfaction into him.

She tasted of strawberry, the sweetness lingering on her lips. And as he was no stranger to their feel, it dawned on him, her glossed lips have always held that hint of fruit. The one that made him far hungrier than the second before.

They've each felt this kind of pleasure in the past, with the very same person in front of them, but in different forms and different ways. Still, it all seemed foreign.

Marinette felt a pang in her chest. It made her pull away; reluctant, while Adrien's lips, however, followed hers for a fraction of a second. He wasn't ready to let go yet... wasn't ready to stop. He'd been waiting for this moment, dreamt of it for so long. It couldn't end so fast. But much to his disappointment, she only looked down, avoiding the kiss further.

Everything, to her, just felt... right. There wasn't any other time that felt as such. And Marinette gathered up all of her courage.

To finally tell him everything. Show him everything.

"Can I tell you something, Adrien?" She spoke in nothing above a whisper; hesitant.

Silently, he nodded, muscles rock hard, heart pounds heavier.

"I have to be honest with you, I— I like... no, I love..."

Luka. He just knew she would say his name. And it hurt. It tore him apart so bad, nobody would understand.

"...Chat Noir more than anyone else."

His eyes went round, the green in them swirling with raw confusion. "What?"

"You wanna know why?" She smirked, trailing the tips of her fingers down his neck and to his collarbone. Her tone was too mischievous, unlike how she usually was. And he had to admit, he was head over heels for yet another part of her. "Because I know it's you."