Chapter 15

We went back to the room and just hung out together. The boys were making vines and snapchats every once in a while. I looked at my phone and it was at 1%. I got up and ran towards my charger.

"Watch out!!!" I said diving for the charger to whoever was in the way. I plugged in my phone and let out a breath of relief. I didn't know who's lap I was sitting on. I looked and saw it was Hayes'. All the boys 'Oooooo'ed at us. We both blushed hard. "Sorry. I had to charge my phone." I said blushing still. "I see that. But it's all good." He said chuckling. I got off of him and sat on the bed.

Virgo nudge my shoulder. I looked at her and she was wiggling her eye brows. I rolled my eyes at her.

"I'm gonna go down to the lobby real quick. I'll be back." I said heading towards the door. "I'll come with you." Hayes said before I closed the door. "Oooooo"s were being said behind us.

We started walking down the hallway. Once we got to the elevator I pushed the button and we waited for it. When it dinged and opened up, we walked in. He pushed the lobby button.

"You didn't have to come with me. I'm just going down to talk to my coach." I said looking at him. "I wanted to. I didn't want to be left alone with those dorks." He said referring to the guys. "Virgo was there. You could've talked to her." "She's one of the dorks." He said smiling his cheesy smile. I slightly hit him on the arm. "Well, she is my best friend." We both laughed after that.

We finally got down to the lobby. When we walked out, there was barely anyone here. We walked outside and started heading towards the swift building.

Once we got there, Hayes stopped in his tracks. "You comin? Or are you gonna stay out in the cold?" I said laughing opening the door. He followed behind me. "Meggan, how Ya doin'? Haven't seen you for ages." My coach said.

(Pic of Jessica on the top.)

"Hey coach. I've been good. How bout you?" "Good good. Who's this young fella?" She said pointing towards Hayes. "This is Hayes. He's one of Cameron's friends. He came with us along with Cameron's other friends."

"It's nice to meet you Hayes. I'm Jessica. I'm Meggan's coach." They shook hands. "So, Cameron has all his friends here, who I'm assuming are all guys?" "Yep" I said popping the p. "So you're saying you're the only girl besides your family?" "No. I brought my best friend Virgo this time." "Ah. I see. Well, what are you ding here at this time of day?" "I wanted to ask if there were going to be a lot of competitions before Fire&Ice?" "Um.. let me see. We have one next week on the 9th. We'll close off the pipe from everyone for 2 hours so you guys can practice as a team without any interruptions on the 8th." "Is there a specific time we're doing that?" Probably from 5-7 that night. Is there anything wrong with that." "Oh no. That's Hayes birthday so I was just making sure." I said pointing to the doofus who is now walking around looking at all of our trophies in the display cases.

"Oh. Ok. He seems like a nice kid." "He is. From the time I hung out with him, he's pretty cool." I said smiling looking at him. He was looking at one specific trophy. He was looking at it close too. I looked closer and realized he was looking at one of the trophies that had a pic of me and Kristi I front of it smiling. She had her arm wrapped around my shoulder and I had mine wrapped around her waist. Since I was the shorter one between us. I remember that day. We had a competition and we both got first place in our leagues.

"You sure do miss her, don't you?" Jessica asked me. I nodded my head trying not to cry. "A lot." I said, now my eyes are watering thinking of the memories I had with her. "Just think of the good memories you had with her. Not the bad ones." I nodded my head and smiled at her. She came over to me and gave me a hug. I hugged her back. It lasted for 10 seconds then I let go and saw Hayes was still looking at the picture. I walked over to him.

"That was me and Kristi a week before the accident. We had a competition that day. We both got first place in our leagues. Since I was the short best friend, she put her arm around my shoulders. I was gonna do the same but I couldn't reach her shoulders." I said smiling at the memory. "You looked really happy when you were with her. She must've been a great best friend." He said still admiring the picture. "Ya. She was." He pulled me into a hug for some reason. I slowly hugged him back. "I could see the sadness in your eyes so I gave you this." He dad still hugging me. I just lightly giggled.

He let go of the hug and held my shoulders. "Did Meggan Dallas really just giggle?" He asked surprised. "Psh. What? No. I don't giggle." He looked me in the eyes all serious. "Okay. Yes I giggled. But I don't like it. I sound retarded." He shook his head. "No you don't. You sound cute when you do it." My breathing just stopped. Then I slowly got it back.

"Um.. we better get going. The boys are probably wondering where we went. Bye Jessica. I'll talk to you later." I said waving to her. She waved back. And with that we left being quite the whole way back to the room.