24: Mistaken Assumptions

Quirk: Telekinesis

Requested by: izuki80

 There was one man in my life who truly meant the world to me. He saved me from living a life of hell with horrid, murderous and villainous people. That mans name was Shota Aizawa.

He was only twenty-two when he saved me from my parents, both of whom were villains and part of a brutal, murderous gang. Shota was a part of a team that raided the gangs hideout, and he was the one to find me locked away in a small cupboard with bruises and cuts all over my body. He carried me out of the building, an eight year old girl, however I was taken away for solitary questioning almost immediately.

The police assumed that because I was the daughter of two villains that I'd automatically become one myself. Eventually I was let go, but I had no other family to turn to. To my surprise Shota stepped forward, and asked if he could take care of me. It wasn't just me who seemed surprised by this request, most of the other heroes were too but I happily accepted, him having held me so carefully and him having been so kind to me when he found me.

Since that day I had been living an amazing life with him. I of course called him 'dad', and he was so protective of me. He was so caring and kind, even if he looked stern and serious. He always pushed me to go further, and I ended up achieving things I never thought I could. My biological parents always belittled and bullied me, treating me as though I was their punching bag. They told me I'd never amount to much and I should just stop trying, but now dad had shown me that I was capable of achieving more than I thought, as I had now earned myself a place at UA, in class A.

Dad assured me that he didn't pull any strings to get me my place at UA, and I wasn't surprised as he wasn't that type of person. He'd probably favour me a little, but all in all he'd treat me like a regular student. I had however taken dads last name, so was now (y/n) Aizawa. It didn't take long for people in the class to realise I was his daughter, but I didn't dare tell anyone about my true past in fear of pushing people away. Only the teachers knew about my youth, and that was enough for me.

A lot had happened since starting UA, and all of it led to us now living at Heights Alliance on the school campus. This now meant however that I was living in the same building as the guy I had developed an intense crush on, Shoto Todoroki. I had started to fall for Todoroki just after the Sports Festival, and I just continued to fall until I realised I was harbouring an incredible crush on him.

It was terribly inconvenient, especially given the fact he sat in the seat next to me. I tried not to let him distract me as I knew dad was perceptive enough to understand if I made it even slightly obvious. Still, despite being as discreet as I could I had a feeling he had figured out my feelings for Todoroki due to the fact the girls whom I had confessed to weren't exactly the quietest about the situation.

After school one evening when dad was caught up doing some marking in the classroom, I was pulled aside by Todoroki in Heights Alliance. "T-Todoroki! What's up?" I was a little surprised as he had grabbed me so suddenly by my wrist and had taken me to a more secluded area of the building. There was something about his expression that made me nervous, although I always felt slightly self-conscious whenever in his presence due to the feelings I had for him.

"(y/n), I - er - I've been told that you like me as more than a friend... yeah?" He asked and my eyes widened.

"Who told you that?" I asked quickly.

"Is it true?" He asked and I paused for a moment, trying to string together an answer before letting out a deep sigh.

"Yes, yes it's true," I whispered, avoiding eye contact discreetly. I was never one for hiding behind lies, as dad had always taught me that it's always better to be honest. I tried prepping myself for rejection, him undoubtedly apologising as he said he didn't feel the same way. There was an aching silence and after a moment I actually looked at Todoroki to see him attempting to say something but apparently having difficulty. "T-Todoroki? Are you alright?"