𝟫 | the bet

I LEFT history in a hurry, i had lunch and then a free period- so i was dismissed for the rest of the day. which was great cause i couldn't handle school anymore. instead lf having lunch, i decided to go straigh home with cylia.

"who'd you think is gonna win? italy or england?" cylia asked me on our way home- she didn't live far away from me.

"mhm, probably england. you?" i said looking up and seeing how close we were my louis' house.

"italy. they seem good." she replied.

"they are good. goodbye!" i waved at her before entering the porch.

i kicked my shoes off and went upstairs to change to something more comfy- a brown sweater with black shorts.

i sat on my desk and took out my homework folder and started by the worst subject- math.

•••

"72?" i whispered to myself as i finished the last exercise. i wrote it down and closed the folder and put it back in my backpack. i put it away and went downstairs.

i peaked from the stairs, liz and millie were setting up two tables next to each others in the living room. i went to help and set up the table, of course i had forgotten that the jones were coming today.

"pass me one cup, please." millie asked seeing how close i was to the cupboard. i opened it and gave her one and closed it.

the food was already ready, so liz told us to get issie and louis to get downstairs.

we ran upstairs and millie went to get issie, and i louis. i knocked on the door and waited for a answer, nothing. i knocked again and nothing. i opened the door and he was laying on his bed with his airpods on at full volume.

i jumped next to him and layed my head on his chest. "oh her darling." he said taking one airpod off. "your mom said to get downstairs, the jones are coming." i said looking up at him.

"oh yeah, that." he said in a fully british accent, which made me slightly laugh.

"then let's go." he said and kissed my forehead, we both went downstairs where issie and millie were already there.

the table was long enough for all of us, i sat in approximately the border and louis sat next to me. in front of me was no one yet, millie, liz and james were next to louis and issie was in the other side.

someone rang the doorbell so liz got up and opened the door, she nicely greeted them and let them inside. crazy how olivia was dressed up and i looked like trash. the second she stepped in, louis got up and went to greet them, so i did the same.

"lou lou! it's been forever." she said hugging him and kissing his cheek.

"still shocked you haven't texted me." he said smirking. "tonight i definitely will." she continued with a smile plastered on her face.

"hey." i added with a fake smile. "hey bestie!" she said which made me do the awkward smile, a mix of this 😐 and this 🙂.

i greeted her parents, who were surprisingly nice and sat back in my seat. they're names was arthur and karen, white rich names.