chapter 4

" How did it happened ? We were using protection right!....how come you become pregnant! Please tell me everything. Kya kaha doctor ne please! "this time he pleaded in front of her. His hand ran into his hair in frustation n shock. One can see tears at the corner of eyes. Though they didn't fall. But they were there, very much there making his eyes glossy.

" how can i be so careless, so irresponsible! I couldn't feel my baby... How ?" she sobbed between her hiccups putting her hand on her lower stomach where it was stinging lightly . That made her feel like her baby still was there!may be inbits n pieces. May be in the form of tissues n blood clots.

"yaha aao! Baitho yaha aram se... Main pani lata hu" he sprinted towards the kitchen to fetch a glass of water. While his hands were trembling while filling the glass with water from the filter. It was anxiety in his body.

"relax! Paani piyo" He gave her the glass of water and said, stroking her head. Him stroking her head was something alien to her. She weeped more taking the glass.

She drank the water in haste as her throat was completely dry. Her body was running out of moisture with all that has happened today.

"please btao kaise hua ye sab? What the doctor said? ......Tum to theek ho na! " and finally! Finally it came. He asked about her as well. It wasn't that he was a negligent husband. He do cared for her. But there were certain limitations to it and he never took any initiative to surpass them.

Sana sat like that for a few seconds. Without moving and saying anything. She kept looking into a certain direction ,didn't said anything. Just keep sitting like that continuously and then suddenly she flinched and looked at him straight into his eyes.

"Mujhe nhi pta ye kse hua!...mujhe.... Mujhe pta hi ni chala! Sab kuch waise hi lagra tha jaisa roj lagta hai. Kuchhhh... Bhi alag ni tha. Tabiyat kharab hui and ho gya ye sab! I lost it to my incompetence."
"Aur doctor ne kaha ke aisa ho jata h... But agar ye phir se hua to.... Aur baar baar hua to! Main kabhi bhi pregnant ni.... " She started weeping again, while weeping, this time harder. she laid her head on his shoulder slowly dampening his shirt with her tears. Somewhere her hidden pain was now coming to the fore. She was afraid.What if everything went on like this? what happened to her today might happen again and not once but can happen again and again.

" sshhh.... Aisa kuch ni hoga ....alright! Nothing of that sort gonna happen again n again. Its just an accident " his hand went to her back and started stroking it lighty.

" you need rest sana. Late jao chalo... Take a nap. " he slowly detach her from his hold and made her lie down on the mattress, covering the body with the duvet.

For some time she could not sleep at all. She was feeling very restless. Sometimes on this side and sometimes on the other. She was just turning sides. Sleep was far away from her eyes and Siddharth could see that. He was constantly looking at her and her restlessness. Sitting beside her on the edge of the bed. But after some time this same restlessness tired her up and she fell asleep with this fatigue.

His life was no less then a rollercoaster ride itself. First he got married to Sonia. It was an arrange marriage. They were happy with their life. Not like over the top kind of happy but they were at peace with their own space. The compatibility they shared, it was also very genuine. Sonia and him were not that mushy kind of lovey dovey couple. But they had a fair amount of affection n care between them. He was a doting husband back then! Quite caring. Though he is now too. But there are numerous voids that persist between them. Unlike with Sonia! They were in a quite normal n well settled conjugal relationship. Their sex life was awesome too. They even cuddled with each other.  And his relationship with sana, when she was his sister in law was cool enough as well. They used tease each other, play around and had a  lot ofcrazy banters.
Flash back...