8

A/N: anything with a * beside it means you can find the english definition at the end of the chapter! <3

I groaned in frustration, banging my hand on the door. The metal clanged in response and I kicked it, wincing in pain.

"Balin?" I called out, unable to see the dwarf.

"Yes y/n? Are you ok?"

"Where did they take Thorin? Who rules this place?"

"Thorin was taken to the King. Thranduil is the king of this kingdom and has been for over 500 years. Whatever he says goes and, unlike Elrond, he is not as reasonable. We should all be sending hopeful thoughts to the leader of our company."

•••
*3rd person POV*

"Some may imagine that a Noble quest is at hand. A Quest to reclaim a homeland and slay a dragon. I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive. Attempted burglary, or something of that ilk," The elvin King said with a hint of amusement.

He circled the dwarf in front of him, doing his best to appear intimidating despite his growing curiosity. The dwarf didn't answer and instead looked away and avoided eye contact. The elf knelt down so he was at eye level with the smaller of the two.

"You have found a way in," He smirked, "You seek that which would bestow upon you the right to rule. The King's jewel. The Arkenstone. It is precious to you beyond measure, I understand that. There are gems in the mountain that I too desire. White gems of pure starlight. I offer you my help."

The King nodded, glancing at the dwarf out of the corner of his eye. Thorin smiled and walked a few steps away from the elf before turning back around.

"I am listening," He told Thranduil.

"I will let you go, if you but return what is mine."

"A favour for a favour."

"You have my word. One King to another."

Thorin's eyes widened at this. He stopped his pacing and turned around to look at the elf King, hatred filling his eyes.

"I would not trust, Thranduil, the great King, to only his word. Till the end of all days be upon us!"

Thranduil took a step back, visibly shocked by the dwarf's words. Thorin was able to use the elf's shock to his advantage and continued with his accusation.

"You, lack all honor! I have seen how you treat your friends! We came to you once, starving, homeless; seeking your help. But you turned your back! You, turned away from the suffering of my people and the inferno that destroyed us! Imrid amrâd ursul*!" Thorin glared at the elf, his heart pounding in anger.

The elf King walked briskly up to him and knelt down to his level. He looked at him with unblinking eyes.

"Do not talk to me of dragon fire! I know it's wroth and ruin," With great pain, Thranduil removed the magic that kept his face flawless. Thorin could see the right side of the elf's face, along with his eye, had been melted, "I have faced the great serpents of the north."

The King took a step back and his skin returned to normal. Thorin had no comeback to this. He was shocked to see elvish magic work this way. He had only heard of bodily reconstruction in legends. Thranduil started his ascent up the stairs of his throne, glancing back at Thorin for a brief moment.

"I warned your grandfather of what his greed would summon, but he would not listen. You are just like him."

With a dismissive hand, he waved for the guards to take Thorin away. As the dwarf struggled against their grip the King took a seat on his throne and crossed his legs, looking down at the dwarf with amusement.