Part 3

Welcome back everybodyyyyy! Thanks for reading! I am just so excited about this! :) If you like this story I would be so happy if you check out my other stories, Spylight and Dont Say Murder. They are also good stories! THANKSSSSSSS

"It's better than the Ski Haus..." I stood next to Erica and Catherine in the doorway of our hotel room. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't... great. For starters there was one bed. Sure, it was a queen, but still. It was tiny, with only the bed, a door leading to a miniature bathroom, a small, scratchy sofa, and a mini fridge under a little TV sticking off the wall. We walked into the room and put our stuff in the corner. 

"I'll have the couch." Catherine said, winking at me behind Erica's back. I rolled my eyes. "you two will need the best sleep you can get to complete this mission, and your not gonna get it sleeping on- this." Catherine gingerly sat on the couch smile weekly. 

"You mean we have to share a bed?" Erica looked slightly disgusted. 

"Hey! I'm not that bad!" I said, offended. 

"I'll just sleep on the floor." Erica sighed. I frowned. If Erica couldn't even share a queen sized bed with me then I had no chance of her ever wanting to date me. Catherine shook her head at Erica. 

"Why don't you two go explore Hollywood?" she suggested.

"We're on a mission. There's no time for fun." Erica said flatly. Catherine frowned at her daughter. 

"Erica. We are going out even if I have to carry you to the car. Your mission doesn't start till tomorrow and so you will go out, you will be nice, and you will have fun." Erica backed down, but didn't look happy about it. We left the room and got in the car, Erica grumbling the whole ride about how this was a waste of time. Catherine drove up to a large mall. 

"What are you doing mom?" Erica groaned. 

"Taking you two shopping, to see a movie, and then to dinner!" Catherine said cheerfully. It didn't sound too bad to me. We walked into the mall and were surrounded by voices and shoving bodies. Erica leaned up against me, face full of disgust at the place. 

"Why is mom doing this to us?" she grimaced. 

"You know here's an idea." I said. "try it- just try to have fun. Go out of your comfort zone and be normal for once." Erica rolled her eyes and muttered,

"I'm already out of my comfort zone." Catherine handed Erica a credit card and told us to meet her at the theater down the hall in an hour. Erica led me towards a store that had pocket knives in the window display.

"We might as well stock up on useful things if were stuck in this hell hole." she grumbled. Classic Erica. In the store she purchased three knives, a small black one, a medium camo print one, and a big red one. I got myself a medium sized one with my name engraved on it. 

"You should never personalize your weapons. That way they can get traced back to you." Erica snapped at me. I didn't respond to that. I looked at Erica's outfit. She wore black leggings, a black shirt, and her utility belt.

"You know if you want to blend in, not look like a spy, you might want to get some clothing that's more normal to what a teenage girl might wear. She huffed, but knew I was right. She proceeded to buy two pairs of black leggings, a pair of flexible jeans, black workout shorts, a gray cropped tee shirt, a wine red formfitting tee shirt, and on my demand a aqua blue tank top and a jean jacket. I got myself a few pairs of shorts and jeans as well as a cool black and white bomber jacket I found for half off. We met Catherine ten minutes early. She seemed pleased I had managed to convince Erica to buy some normal clothing.

"These are for the mission only." she stated clearly, although I could tell she did kindof like the jean jacket. "so I went shopping. Can we leave now?" Catherine shook her head.

"I already bought us movie tickets!" she smiled evilly. Erica groaned.

"Its a spy thriller honey. You will like it." We walked into the theater and sat down. To my surprise Erica sat next to me and got comfortable in her seat. God she could be confusing. Only a few days ago she had been sitting with me watching the sun rise, about to say something important, then on the plane she was leaning against me. But then we get to the hotel and she wont share a big bed with me. Now she's sitting next to me? The movie was an hour and a half, and Erica spent the whole thing muttering under her breath about how unrealistic it was. Then we ate dinner, which mostly consisted of salad. When we got to the hotel Catherine fell asleep on the sofa almost immediately. I climbed into the bed and watched Erica grab a pillow and sheet and lay down on the floor. 

"Erica you can sleep up here if you want. I'll sleep on the floor." she smiled up at me.

"No Ben. You can have the bed."

"You can sleep up here with me." 

"I- its okay." she laid her head on the pillow and closed her eyes. I laid awake for about twenty minutes, finally about to drift into sleep when I felt the bed shift. I didn't move, but opened my eye a sliver. Erica was climbing onto the bed next to me. She crawled up and put her arm around me, closed her eyes, and fell asleep with a smile on her face.

AWWW! :) :) :) I hope Stuart Gibbs has some good Berica stuff in SS at sea!