Chapter 12: Pierre's Bistro

Nathan's POV

As Angela went to go and greet the guests me and Yesod went towards that long hallway area where the doors to each of the arena's are located, when we arrived there Yesod simply put his hand on the handprint scanner next to the purple door and the chains covering it broke apart and moved out of the way allowing the door to open up.

I stepped in with Yesod into the arena where I was greeted to the sight of the arena for the floor of technological sciences.

The main stage looked a lot like a long street complete with a yellow line through the middle, in the background was a huge city of giant buildings with glowing neon lights and what appeared to be giant turning gears

At the very end of the city was some giant crooked pillar with several giant strings attached to it.

Nathan: (Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever understand this library and it's constantly changing color schemes and themes)

I looked to my side and saw Yesod carrying a black sword similar to the ones that me, Roland and Malkuth use.

I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard what sounded like a door opening, I looked at the end of the street and saw that there was some doorway in the middle of the street, I watched as Pierre and Jack stepped through and aimed their knife and cleaver at me and Yesod.

Pierre: So these are the monsters of the library? I was expecting something a little more...threatening.

Nathan: Your gonna wish you never said that (I said drawing my sword)

After that we all rushed at one another with Jack going for Yesod and Pierre heading for me, she immediately raised up her knife and tried to stab me but I dodged to the side before slashing my sword across her waist and managed to get a pretty good cut on her.

Pierre stumbled back before suddenly retaliating by slashing her knife across my face, I stumbled back and clutched my face with my palm, Pierre tried to stab me again but I smacked her knife away before stabbing her in the shoulder.

Meanwhile Jack swung his cleaver down at Yesod who blocked the attack and tried to slash Jack but he managed to Parry Yesod's strike.

I did an overhead swing at Pierre but she sidestepped my strike before stabbing my in my hip, I then swung my elbow around and socked her right in the face before quickly spinning around and slashing her kneecap.

Pierre: Ah! (She hissed in pain)

She stumbled back and kind of bent down a bit as she clung onto her knee trying to cover up where she was bleeding...before suddenly bringing up her bloodstained hand and licking the blood of it.