chapter 24

"It's hero time, Hope."

.

.

.

"My squad answered the Bat-Signal."

Georgie scoffed at Hope's cringy phrase, looking around the corridor to notice that almost like it was planned, Jed, Josie and Kaleb were walking towards them with a strut in their step. Just as Josie and the boys reached their side, Lizzie appeared from the opposite direction with a look of disdain on her face. Georgie looked between the siblings, sensing the obvious annoyance at the others presence.

Josie and Lizzie glowered at each other before looking at Hope in disbelief. Hope looked at Georgie and almost huffed as she noticed that her cousin was purposefully avoiding looking at her, clearly still annoyed about having been the last one to find out about the merge.

"She's coming?" They both echoed, causing everyone to roll their eyes.

"I need all the help I can get, so please put your twin war on pause," Hope informed them, noticing how the girls both had a quick look of guilt in their eyes before going back to pretending the other didn't exist. Georgie was almost more annoyed at how the twins were acting now that they all knew about the merge, she couldn't help but feel like this was something they should be working together to fix rather than feud over.

"Why is he going?" Rafael interrupted, pointing to Jed who had positioned himself beside Georgie. While they hadn't always seen eye to eye, there was a connection there that the non-wolves would never quite understand. "He hates Landon."

"Look, you're the Alpha," Jed answered, Georgie raising an eyebrow as if to say 'makes sense' "If Landon's your pack, that makes him ours."

"Where's MG at?" Kaleb replied, realising that he was the only vampire standing amongst them all. Georgie shrugged, fiddling with the zip on her jacket as she tried to avoid the eyes of Josie, Hope and Lizzie that she could all feel on her. She knew each of them wanted to catch her for a moment to chat but she had no intention of having a heart on heart with them right now.

"He's on his way," Hope replied, feeling the tension between everyone that was standing around them. She could tell that Georgie was on edge, and she would be lying if she said that the girl's recent temper wasn't a little bit concerning for her. It reminded her a lot of her father - so she assumed it was a trait that Klaus and Georgie's mother had both inherited from their werewolf side of the family. "Let's load up while we wait for him. Come on."

Georgie rolled her eyes and went to lead the way out, just wanting to go rescue their resident damsel in distress and get back to studying for her finals. Unlike the rest of them, she seemed to not be able to balance teenage school life and supernatural life as blissfully as they all made it look.

"Georgie, I really need to speak to you," Josie murmured as she grabbed on to the hybrids arm but was shrugged off almost immediately by the girl. Georgie barely cast her a glance as she continued to walk away, but Josie wasn't giving up that easy. "Come on, George."