chapter 9

'let's burn these bitches to the ground'

.

.

.

Any worry Georgie had about Josie still being upset at her was seemingly vanished as soon as she woke up the next morning. Hope had informed her that someone had dropped by with a gift for her, and Georgie knew before even asking that she meant Josie by the teasing grin on the tribrid's face.

Folded up at the end of her bed was a bright yellow and blue Salvatore Stallions jersey, with a simple note on top addressed from Josie saying that she had it made for the hybrid. Georgie smiled as she picked it up, throwing it on alongside the blue shorts that Josie had also left for her. She wasn't exactly thrilled to be playing in their annual football game, especially when she had no idea what the rules even were but Alaric had told her that her father had been a natural when he was in high school so she only hoped that it would somehow transfer to her.

"You coming to the game?" Georgie asked as she checked herself out in the mirror, smiling lightly as she decided to tuck the shirt into the shorts. Hope paused at the end of her bed, not sure how to tell Georgie that she was not coming and instead going on a Landon Kirby hunt with Alaric.

"We got a hit on a Landon sighting last night," Hope started, causing Georgie to sigh slightly as she turned around to look at Hope, trying to mask her disappointment in Hope not being at her first game. As much as neither of the girls wanted to admit it, they had grown their bond to the point they almost felt like sisters and they both didn't want to let the other down. "I would have invited you to come but I know your control recently hasn't been great and..."

"It's fine," Georgie interrupted her excuse, not wanting to stay and let herself get anymore disappointed. She knew what Hope was saying was right, but it didn't make her feel any better. "I'll see you later."

Before Hope could even say anything Georgie was straight out of the door, almost slamming into the twins as they passed by the room. Lizzie grabbed on to her arm to steady her for a second, casting her a quick look up and down with a small smirk before looking at Josie with a raised eyebrow, knowing that her twin had been delivering the jersey to someone this morning but wasn't sure who.

Georgie noted that Lizzie was also dressed in an identical jersey, while Josie was still in her school uniform as the girl had an early class prior that morning. Josie smiled gently at Georige, calming the girl down as she realised that the girl wasn't angry at her about the Penelope incident anymore, although Georgie was sure that she maybe couldn't say the same for Lizzie who scowled as she let go of her arm as her mind thought back to how upset Josie had been the night before.

"Let's hit the dining hall and carb-load. It's game day," Lizzie told them both, trying to get the girls both hyped up for the match against the Mystic Falls Timberwolves. Georgie nodded as she moved into step beside them, noticing that Josie was clearly uneasy about something.