chapter 17

'why are you suffocating me?'

.

.

.

"You're welcome to visit anytime," Rebekah told the hybrid the next day as she stood at the doors to the Mikaelson property that she had stayed the night in. It had been a little weird to notice the large 'M' signs that hung around the building, especially since she know had been informed that she was a Mikaelson.

They had spent most of the previous afternoon and evening talking about stories that Marcel, Rebekah and Kol had of her mother. Even if Astrid hadn't been Ester's child, she had certainly been accepted into the family as if she was, and the stories that they all told her just alluded even more to that. She still was confused as to why the family seemingly held so much animosity towards her late father but not the rest of the Mystic Falls crew - something that she was too scared to ask about. 

"Thanks," Georgie replied to the blonde with a smile as she placed her rucksack into the trunk of the car that Alaric had sent to have her picked up in. They'd apparently had some more Malivore monster drama about a monster who was able to hijack their dreams but thankfully Hope had managed to kill the monster. Georgie was honestly just happy that she had done a lot of her studying for their exams in the past few weeks as she swore she'd never pass them at this rate.

Just as she went to sit in the jeep, she turned to look at Rebekah once more, her eyebrows pinched together as she tried to figure out the words that had been stuck in her throat since meeting them all the day before. She knew something was off with how they were so open with her, especially since she was aware that when the Mikaelsons first discovered Freya was alive that they didn't even welcome her with open arms - so she just didn't understand why they were so quick to accept her.

"Is there something you guys aren't telling me?" Georgie asked, noticing how Rebekah raised her eyebrows in a little surprise but also with a small smile forming on her lips.

"No, you're just a lot more like your mother than we expected," Rebekah admitted before feeling a slight guilt settle into her chest as she watched the girl hop into the car. Knocking on the window, she smiled as Georgie rolled it down in confusion. "You're a Mikaelson now Georgie. This family, we stick together no matter what."

"Yeah, always and forever right?" Georgie asked, having heard Hope mention the phrase numerous times since they had started rooming together. "Hope told me all about it."

"Yeah," Rebekah smiled, her eyes showing a hint of relief behind them as she took a step away from the window and watched as the car started up. "Just remember that, and everything will work out fine."

Georgie waved goodbye as the car left the New Orleans roads, her eyebrows still a little furrowed as she replayed Rebekah's words over in her head. She knew that the Originals were old and had funny ways of sometimes saying things but she couldn't shake the fact that something about her entire trip had seemed off. The Mikaelsons just seemed off with her, and she knew that it would likely not be long until she figured out why in some shape or another.