chapter 25

"I forgive you, I love you. Let me go."

.

.

.

Like all things that came from the supernatural world, Georgie had just discovered that the reason all magic had been stopped within the school grounds came down to a perfectly understandable reason.

"A blood fountain?" Hope asked, her face scrunching up in disgust as MG finished telling the girls about what he had found before his mom attacked him. Georgie wasn't sure what to make of it.

"Gross."

"It's even more gross in person. Trust me," MG told them, scrunching his face up a little as he thought about the fountain he had run into earlier on that afternoon. "I was looking for a way to shut it off, but I couldn't figure out how."

"All right, I'll go find the secret tunnel, I guess."

"And then I can siphon the sludge out of Josie, not that she'll appreciate it," Lizzie remarked, causing everyone to roll their eyes as their sister bickering came back into play. Georgie found it incredibly annoying, but it reminded her of the relationship that her and Hope had started to form since discovering that they were cousins.

"Great, then I'll just be shot," Josie snarked back, her eyes narrowed as she fake smiled at Lizzie.

"See? The new you is so snarky."

"It's kinda hot, to be fair," Georgie added, everyone holding back sniggers at her comment and how flushed she got after realising they were all looking at her.

Josie looked up weakly at Georgie, rolling her eyes playfully but grinning at her nonetheless. The other three supernaturals looked between each other in disgust before Hope turned the conversation back to the matter at hand, understanding that time was of the essence here.

"Okay, anyway..." Hope started before getting the attention of the four other teenagers. "I'm gonna be back as soon as I can." She turned to look at MG for a second, motioning to where Lizzie, Josie and Georgie were positioned in the transition cell. "Please keep these three from trying to kill or die for each other."

"You need to go help Landon. We don't need you to be here," MG replied, the others all nodding in agreement as Hope looked between them in a struggle, not wanting to leave them but also not wanting to leave saving Landon until later when Malivore and Clarke were involved.

Georgie rose to her feet, moving towards Hope and nudging her shoulder gently as if to say it was okay. The unactivated hybrid felt a small pain in her stomach at the movement, but chose to ignore it as she smiled at her cousin.

"But I can't leave you guys here," Hope argued, but Lizzie had had enough of her internal struggle. She rolled her eyes, flicking her hair over her shoulder as she looked at the girl she had hated at the start of the year but now couldn't imagine not having around.