chapter 14

'mombie dearest'

.

.

.

"Hey Dorian," Georgie said as she neared the man, causing him to pause in the corridor outside of Alaric's office. "Have you seen the twins this morning? Wanted to drop them off a gift in their room as a surprise but wasn't sure if they were still in there."

She had been rushing around all weekend to try and find the perfect gift for both of the twins - but even Hope had noticed that she seemed more stressed about Josie's present than she did Lizzie's. While Georgie didn't have any money of her own when she came to the school, a mysterious cheque addressed to her had arrived a few nights prior that Alaric had assumed had somehow been a part of Tyers will - since it had a note saying it was from the Lockwood inheritance fund, although none of them actually knew such a fund had existed. Alaric had assumed that now that Tyers was dead, the cheques he must have received annually for Georgie were now being forwarded on to her, even if they had no idea how.

Georgie had been delighted at this money, dragging Hope out to the town with her to try and pick out the perfect present for the twins 16th birthday. Hope had managed to get them both something quite easily, while it had taken much longer for Georgie. She had eventually settled on gifting Lizzie with a few nice sweatshirts since the girl had been complaining that Josie stole all of hers, while she had finally picked out a little bracelet for Josie with a black wolf charm on it that Hope had enchanted to turn a subtle yellow when Georgie was in her wold form. She wasn't sure if the girl would like it, but since Hope had informed her that Josie was always asking where she was, she knew it would be liked by the Saltzman.

They still hadn't discussed the kiss they had shared but Hope had overhead Alaric informing the twins to give Georgie space after she freaked out during her meeting with Damon and Elena a few days prior. Georgie had been annoyed when the tribrid told her Alaric's orders to the girls, but she knew it probably was for the best. As much as she was getting better at controlling her shift, she knew she would never be fully 100% in control.

Dorian opened his mouth to respond to the girl, knowing that she had been stressed about delivering their gifts. Word travelled fast around the student body and while Georgie and Josie might not have talked to each other about their feelings, the students of the Salvatore Boarding School were very in tune with the tension between them.

"DORIAN!"

Dorian and Georgie shared a look before they both dashed towards Alaric's office, not having heard the man sound so panicked inside the school since the Gargoyle attack. They slammed into the office, Georgie's eyes glowing yellow slightly as the wolf inside of her instantly grew defensive at the panic in her newest father-figure's voice.

"Are you okay?" Dorian asked, noticing a dark haired woman standing in a wedding dress stained with blood. Georgie's eyes returned to their usual colour as she squinted in confusion at Alaric aiming a cross bow at the seemingly defenceless woman. Alaric shot her an annoyed look once realising the hybrid had entered the office with Dorian, not wanting the twins to have any idea what was happening.