#23 - stressed (H.P)

house-hufflepuff
blood-doesnt matter
year-5th
5/8/21

i was sat in moaning myrtles bathroom sobbing, myrtle had joined in too, it was supposed to be lunch time but i was that stressed, angry and upset that i couldnt face food, i just needed to cry. recently i had been incredibly stressed, owls were coming up and i had immense amounts of pressure on me to pass, my best friend hermione was constantly drilling it into my head that i need a good grade with dragging me along to library to study every night. my parents were counting on me to get good grades as i was 'the only one left with potential to make a better name for our family' and i also 'need to get higher grades than lily' (my sister). i was stressed about my relationship with harry that was crumbling away at my fingertips, i was so busy studying i had no time for him anymore and he thought id lost interest, it was actually the opposite, i needed him very bad at the moment, because of this i noticed him getting closer to cho chang, i know hed never cheat on me but it hurt to see him around another girl. malfoys sly remarks were starting to get to me, they never used to but i was so vunerable at the moment every word he said cut through me like a dagger. umbridge was on my back and constantly giving me detentions for things i didnt do, i was at my breaking point and i needed to let it out.

i was sat on the floor of the toilet with my knees to my chest while myrtle sat on the top of the side of the cubicle, i tried my best to tell her what was going on between sobs but she was having a breakdown of her own. i heard the door open 'shit' i thought, no one ever comes in here because of murtle i bet malfoys goons heard me and now hes here to tease me about it. myrtle also heard the door open and she turned to see who came in "hello harry" she spoke, i was relieved it wasnt malfoy however i still didnt want harry to see him in this state. myrtle looked down at me and i put my finger to my lips as if to say 'dont let him know im here'. "wheres Y/N?" harry said, he sounded out of breathe liked been running, harry had such a kind soul and all id done to repay him is prioritise my studying, just thinking about him made me cry harder i resorted to putting my hand over my mouth trying to keep the sobs in, "i dont know" myrtle said sniffling. i heard harry turn to leave which made me more sad, i didnt want him to see me but i also didnt want him to go, a deranged squeak that sounded as if it belonged to a dying cat excited my mouth, harry stopped in his tracks "shit, shit, shit" i whispered over and over to myself. "what was that?" he asked "nothing" myrtle replied way too quickly "myrtle wheres Y/N?" harry repeated yet again growing quiet suspicious of the stall she was hovering over which had strange sounds emitting from it. "oh i dont know" she said beginning to cry again before swooping down into the toilet bowl a few stalls away. harry slowly started walking towards the stall in was in, in case myrtle was harbouring some sort of strange mystical creature in here. he slowly opened the door and his eyes met mine, "Y/N" he said before dropping to his knees to pull me into a hug.

harry and i sat for while, he held my into his chest, he didnt ask questions, he just comforted me. "thank you" i said still sniffiling, "thats what im here for isnt it" harry said, i smiled a weak smile at him "Y/N umm if you mind me asking, whats wrong?" he asked precautiously not wanting to hurt me. i sighed "everything" "what do you mean?" he asked not understanding, i took a deeep breathe before saying "im stressed about owls, hermione and my parents are putting pressure on me to do well and my mother said i need to get better grades than my sister, im studying all the time which means i never get to see you and i feel like were growing apart and youve been so close to cho recently and malfoys starting to get to me and umbitch is being her usual bitch self its just all too much" harry sat and listened to me, he thought about his reply for a second "first of all the only reason im close to cho is because she needs a shoulder to cry on regarding what happened to her boyfriend last year and secondly owls are important and you need to study and i understand that so dont worry about us growing about because your stuck with me forever love, even tho owls are important theyre not the be all that ends all so dont worry about them too much, you know how hermione gets shes a nutter and as for your parents, theyre always going to compare you to the rest of the family but i still love you no matter what grade you get" he said kissing my forehead "oh and leave malfoy and umbridge to me" he continued, smirking. "dont get expelled" i said giggling slightly "ill try not to love" he said rubbing my back, we stayed on the toilet floor for a while longer, harry was still holding me and reassuring me everything was going to be okay. while i nestled my head further into his chest.