#27 - only you (D.M)

house-slytherin
blood-doesnt matter
year-4th
notes: this is a scenario i imagine before i sleep also the italic writing is the lyric of the song "dark red by steve lacy"
12/8/21

it was the night of the yule ball and i was sat at a table with my bestfriend pansy parkinson, her date, blaise zabini, had already passed out and was sprawled out on the seat next to us and my date, draco malfoy, wandered off some where 20 minutes ago and most probably got lost or trampled on. i had, had an amazing nights dancing with draco and my friends but now slow songs were starting to come on and draco was no where to be seen.

a slowed version of the song 'dark red' by steve lacy began to play. pansy and i sang along to it still sat at our table while we swayed in our chairs, our connected hands in the air moving to the same rhythm. pansy nudged me, i looked up to see draco approaching the table, "may i?" he asked holding out his hand, i took it as he walked backwards towards the middle of the dance floor, maintaining eye contact. he gently placed his hands on my hips as if i was delicate and would break, i slid my hands up his body, my eyes following the movement, before they settled on his shoulders, we began to sway.

Don't you give me up, please don't give up

the room around me began to fade away as my senses were consumed by draco, my focus, my attention was all on him. i felt warm in his arms. safe.

Honey, I belong with you, and only you, baby

his fingers rubbed gently on my hips, he had a smile on his face, not a smirk. a smile. it was soft and radiated warmth and happiness. his eyes glistened with joy, something i hadnt seen before.

Only you, my girl, only you, babe

he pulled me closer slightly so our hips were touching, our eyes glued to each others, our bodys moving in a soft rhythm together, side to side. he began to sing the words of the song to me. so quietly only i could here. my hands moved from his shoulders up his neck to his cheeks, cupping them, i lightly stroked his skin with my thumb.

Only you, darling, only you, babe

he leaned forwards so our foreheads were touching, our noses brushing every so often, our lips so close that i could feel his breathe on mine. his hands were now on my waist pulling me tightly against him. our bodys pressed so close together, swaying to the music at the same time, our chests rising and falling together, our hearts beating to the same rhythm.

Only you, my girl, only you, babe

i needed nothing more than him in this moment. our souls connected. our hearts beating for each other. me in his arms. his soft face cupped in my hands, looking so deeply into his blue grey eyes.

Only you, darling, only you