#3 - sweetheart (F.W)

house-gryffindor
blood-half blood
year-4th
warnings: some mild swearing
REQUESTED !!
18/7/21

it was the night of the yule ball and i was currently sat crying on my bed, my date (cormac mcclaggen) had decided to make out with another girl (pansy parkinson) right in front of me.

i had been dancing with my two best friends fred and george weasley, who have been my best friends since second year when they finally figured out it was me constantly pranking them as "revenge" after they had dyed luna, my bestfriends, hair blue. luna found it "flattering" that they dyed it the colour of her house, i on the other hand was fuming and so the pranks began.

after dancing with the boys to a rock song a slow song came on, way to kill the vibe ig, i look for my date to ask for a dance to no suprise i see him with his tongue down pug faces throat, sat next a very disgusted looking harry and a traumatised ron. whether it was the embarrassment or the pure rage that made me cry it doesn't change the fact i was then running through the hall making a b-line for the door. i heard fred call for me attempting to run after me.

i was sat sobbing into my knees on my bed when i heard a knock "Y/N?" knock knock knock "princess are you in there?" knock knock knock "i need to know your okay" knock knock knock. he must have got tired of knocking because my door suddenly flew open revelling a slightly out of breathe fred, presumably from running here. "fred what are you doing here what about angelina?" i must admit i was more than heart broken when i found out fred asked angelina to the ball, he had promised me he would go with me however he saw me having a conversation with blaise zambini and instantly assumed i was going with him. i also liked fred, i mean liked fred, he was funny and snarky and extremely supportive of everything i do, not to mention how attractive he is, he's perfect with his bouncey ginger hair and mischievous eyes and that shit eating grin that appears on his face before a prank. i thought he liked me back, we would steal glances at eachother and make flirtatious comments, but him not thinking twice before asking angelina to the ball proved otherwise. i suppose i was partly crying because of that.

"i don't care about angelina i wanted to see if my buba was okay"
he climbed onto my bed and instantly wrapped his lanky arms around me, just his presence made it feel like everything was better. "i'm so sorry about mcclaggen love you deserve so much better" he stated "i don't think i do, every guy i'm with is like that they betray my trust or they turn out to be dicks, i think it's my destiny to be stuck with some useless bloody idiot" "listen to me, you deserve more than him or any guy for that matter, no boy in this school is worthy of you okay? and one day you'll find a boy who'll love you for who you are and appreciate all your greatness and cherish and treat you right...just like i would if you have me the chance" "what was that last bit?" i teased sniffling "nothing" fred exclaimed reaching over and putting the pin on the record, conveniently slow music stared to play "i swear i didn't put that on before i lef-" i was snapped out my thought as he rose form my bed and held out his hand "you didn't get to slow dance with mcclaggen but you can slow dance with me" he said very matter of factly. laughing i stood up and straightened out my dress, and put on a fake posh manner as did fred as i graciously took his hand "why thank you mr weasely" i giggled. he guided my hands to his shoulders and he slipped his hands around my waist, i slightly shuddered at his touch to which fred gave me a knowing look.

we slow danced for ages, i rested my head on his shoulder after a while being calmed by his steady heart beat. his hands were caressing my back loving. i look up and meet his eyes, "freddie this is better than the yule ball could ever be, thank you" i said "no problem, you look gorgeous tonight darling" fred said "and you look very handsome my love" i replied smiling. fred stopped dancing, his hands tightened on my waist and he moved down and met my lips, his lips tasted like fire whiskey and my nostrils filled with his familiar scent of cologne and gun powder. his lips moved against mine to the slow rhythm of the music, the kiss was soft and passionate, well over due. we pulled apart and looked into eachothers eyes, the music came to a stop and fred spoke "Y/N i- i like you a lot and i know you like zambini and i don't expect you to feel the sa-" i cut him of my attaching my lips to his once agian. "i like you too fred" i mumbled after pulling apart slightly "i thought you liked angelina" i added "george does, i only went to ball with her to annoy him and because i thought you were going with zambini" i chuckled "you're an idiot fred you really are" "why thank you sweetheart" he returned before kissing me once again.