06. 𝗪𝗛𝗢 𝗜 𝗔𝗠

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 06. 𝗛𝗢𝗪 𝗗𝗢 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗞𝗡𝗢𝗪 𝗪𝗛𝗢 𝗜 𝗔𝗠?

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗛𝗘𝗘𝗧𝗦 𝗙𝗘𝗟𝗧 𝗖𝗢𝗢𝗟 against your cheek as slowly began to shift awake. Your eyes remained closed, a slight twitch of annoyance in your brow from your own body pulling itself awake. You were still tired and didn't want to wake up just yet. But your body was making you, much to your dismay.

You slowly peeled your eyes open, immediately adjusting to the dark room. A soft groan passed over your lips as you rolled onto your stomach, burying your face into the pillow. Your body rose and fell with a heavy sigh. If only you could go back to your dreams.

"Y/n, what are you doing?"

The familiar and elegant voice filled the air, making you lift your head. Dio walked into the dark bedroom, his arms folded over his chest.

"Reading," You reply. Dio sat on the edge of the couch.

"Odd," He stated. "You always complain it's too dark to read."

"I've gotten used to it," You said, marking the page before closing the book. "What do you want?"

"To pester you," He grinned, brushing his knuckles on your cheek.

"As always," You rolled your eyes.

"Now, now," He chuckled. "You enjoy my company, or else you wouldn't be here."

"Hm," Was your only reply. Dio trailed his hand up, pushing back your hood as he combed his fingers through your hair.

"You're letting it get tangled," He muttered when you winced and hit his arm.

"I don't have the time to take care of it!" You hiss. "I'll cut it off at this point!"

"Don't cut it," He frowned, moving towards the dresser to retrieve a brush. He stood behind you on the couch, working it through your hair. "I love your hair, Y/n."

You brought your feet onto the couch, placing your chin on your knees. "I don't care if you like it, Brando. You don't have to live with it."

Dio ran his fingers through your long hair. "Won't you let me then?"

"What? Take care of my hair?" You laugh. "I'm not a child."

"Yes but it would break my heart to know that you cut it," He said. "It reminds me of my mother's hair. I would sit for hours and watch her braid it while my father was away."

You sighed. "Alright. I'll leave it be, then."

You stared at your reflection, the blade in your hand glinting in the mirror as it glided through the h/c stands of your hair. You watched as they fell into the sink, falling into the pile already forming there.

Fuck Dio.

Fuck him and fuck everything he thought. What he said didn't matter. He wasn't here anymore. He couldn't take what he said and do it.

You tossed the dagger down before raking your hand through your hair. You did a pretty good job if you said so yourself. You ran some water in the sink, washing the remnants of the cut hair away.

As you were lacing your boots, you heard loud shouting coming from down the hall. You paused for a moment, your lips pulling into a frown. You finished tying the laces before standing up, kicking your feet into them. You reached to open the door, shocked by the sight of Echo, their hand raised to knock on the door.

"You're awake," They breathed. "Good."

"Who the bloody hell is shouting like that?" You muttered.

"That's...what I came to get you for," They explained, stepping back as you walked from the room, closing the door behind you.

"Pardon?"

"We found a newly turned," Echo said. "But he's not being cooperative with us. He's being very...destructive. The mothers left with the children, but...Quinn and Nona wouldn't go. I'm...afraid they might get hurt. I was wondering if you would mind being in there while we try to calm him down? You're very fast with your reflexes."

"Yeah," You say. "I'll stay with them."

Following Echo, you could understand their uneasement. This man was loud, and he seemed angered, shouting and yelling like he was. Irritability was a sign of withdrawal, so he must have been starving himself of any blood, you noted.

The two blonde children looked up as you approached, and you were surprised when they both jumped up from the floor to race behind you, hiding behind your legs. You frowned, raising your head with a glare towards the dark-haired man.

He had black hair, hazel eyes, and a sharp jawline. He was wearing a business suit, which was dotted with blood at the collar and on the chest. He was yelling at another man, who was pushing him back and ordering him to sit down.

"Echo," Quinn muttered, gripping your pant leg. "We don't like him."

"He's loud..." Nona whispered.

"It's alright," Echo soothed. "Vex will take care of you."

"Come on," You mumbled, pushing them down the hall gently. "Let's--"

"Hey! You're that damn Brit!" The man yelled. "Hey! Hey, I'm talking to you, fucker!"

"If you know what's good for you," You snap, whipping your head over your shoulder. Your lip curls back in annoyance. "Then you'll shut your trap."

"Or what? What are you gonna do about it," He grinned widely. "Y/n?"

You frowned deeply. Your eyes darkened in a glare, and your stomach tightened. How the hell did this bastard know your name?

"Oh?" He says. "Did I strike a nerve?"

"Echo," You growl. "Get these children back."

"Vex--"

"What's the matter?" The man chuckled. "Scared? You gonna cry to Dio?"

Nobody had the time to register your actions. One moment you were standing in the doorway, the other, you were slamming your fist against the man's jaw, sending him stumbling back. You grabbed him by his collar, tripping him off his feet before slamming his upper body onto the wooden table. Your sharp nails dug into the skin on the back of his neck, making blood trickle onto the table.

"Vex!" Echo exclaimed.

Your eyes were wide, your gaze trembling. The amount of both anger and confusion in your eyes was enough to keep Echo from moving forward to stop you. You held the man's arms behind him with one of yours, surprising everyone in the room with your strength and ability to hold him down. You leaned down closer to him, baring your fangs as you snapped his head to look at you.

"How the fuck do you know who I am?"

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 06. 𝗘𝗡𝗗
𝗗𝗔𝗧𝗘: 21 𝗦𝗘𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗠𝗕𝗘𝗥 2021
𝗘𝗗𝗜𝗧𝗘𝗗