19. 𝗖𝗥𝗜𝗠𝗦𝗢𝗡 𝗧𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗦

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 19. 𝗖𝗥𝗜𝗠𝗦𝗢𝗡 𝗧𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗦

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗧𝗜𝗠𝗘 𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗗𝗦 𝟴:𝟮𝟯 𝗣.𝗠. 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗘𝗠𝗕𝗘𝗥 𝟭𝟯, 𝟭𝟵𝟱𝟮, 𝗜𝗡 𝗤𝗨𝗘𝗘𝗡𝗦, 𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗬𝗢𝗥𝗞, 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗨𝗡𝗜𝗧𝗘𝗗 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗧𝗘𝗦.

𝗣𝗘𝗢𝗣𝗟𝗘 𝗝𝗨𝗠𝗣𝗘𝗗 as the doors to the hospital were flung open. You wasted no time in running inside, frantically looking around before you spotted a familiar, tall figure standing down the hall. You carelessly shoved people away from you--they were only in your way--before descending down the hall towards him.

"Joestar!" You yelled, making him look over.

Immediately, you saw the grief that took over his face. His eyebrows laced together when he saw your face. He wasn't expecting to see you here, especially after so long.

After all, you'd been gone for the past 7 years, snooping around with Echo for more details about Dio. After they'd defeated Aaron Holt, you departed away from them to continue on your own journey. However, when you received a devastating message, you knew you couldn't stay away any longer.

"V-Vex," He whispered.

"Where is he?" You asked, your voice already beginning to waver. You felt a hand on your shoulder and turned to see the woman. "How is he? What happened? What--"

"Vex," She whispered softly. You felt your face drop at her voice. There was a pause as you ran your eyes over her face.

"N-No..."

"It was too severe," She said, letting her hand fall back to her side. "He...won't make it."

You grabbed the handle and pushed it open, your throat tightening at the sight before you. You felt your eyes slant down, your eyebrows lacing together in distress. Slowly, your hand slipped from the doorknob.

"Come," A weak voice called. "I haven't seen you in years, dear friend."

Your slow steps came to a halt at the side of his bed. God, he looked horrible. Tied up in all those retched tubes and wires on this bed. Was he even comfortable?

"Now," He said, taking his hand in yours. "I didn't beckon you for you to fuss over me."

"Then what did you for?" You asked, tightening your grip on his feeble hand.

Speedwagon was silent for a moment. He trailed his gaze over your face, studying each of your features.

"My," He whispered. "I've never realized how far you've come; how much you've grown."

You swallowed the lump forming in your throat. "Getting emotional now?"

He smiled slightly. "You're strong. You've been through Hell several times, met the damned Devil himself. But look at you. You're still here. You're still doing what you said you were."

"Why wouldn't I?" You muttered. "I've never broken my word, have I?"

"That," He said, rubbing the back of your icy hand. "You haven't. You...never cease to amaze me, Y/n."

"You're an old bastard," You hissed in a whisper, your eyes stinging with tears. "You wait until you're on your goddamn death bed to tell me these things."

"I'm proud of you, Y/n," He said, squeezing your hand, though you barely felt it. "I'm proud of you and who've you become. You've grown so much from the little thing that ran between my legs, taking my billfold with you."