25. 𝗔𝗡𝗚𝗘𝗟

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 25. 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗔𝗡𝗚𝗘𝗟 𝗢𝗙 𝗗𝗘𝗔𝗧𝗛
𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚: 𝗠𝗔𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗘 𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗠𝗘𝗦 𝟭𝟲+
[𝗡𝗼 𝗶𝘁 𝗶𝘀𝗻'𝘁 𝘀𝗺𝘂𝘁.]

"𝗦𝗢𝗠𝗘 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦 never change, I see."

Your gaze lifted from the book in your hands. Your thoughts drifted away from the words on the page as you watched Dio enter the library. You closed the book around your finger, your gaze still on the man as he circled around the couch.

"What do you mean?" You asked.

"You're reading when you should be sleeping," He replied with a hum, his fingers dancing along the spines of the books that lined the shelves.

"I was too restless to fall asleep," You replied, marking your page before placing the book down on the table.

Dio abandoned his interest in the books, diverting his attention to you. He lifted your legs off the couch and sat down, resting your legs over his lap. He placed his hand on your knee and squeezed gently.

"I want to apologize again, Y/n," He spoke gently, closing his eyes. "I just...I worry about you and your safety."

You flicked your eyes over his face, recognizing the look in his amber eyes. "What troubles you, Dio?"

"It's nothing, darling," He said, meeting your gaze.

You shifted around, moving your legs away from Dio. He turned, leaning his back against the arm of the couch as you crawled toward him. He opened his arms, inviting you to him. You laid again his chest, resting your head on his shoulder. He draped his arm around your waist, the other over the hand you had on his chest.

The both of you lay there in silence, basking in each other's presence. For a moment, you'd forgotten just what brought you into this position; all of the searching, the pain, and the exhaustion that led you here disappeared from your mind. Your mind was only here, in the present moment.

You were with Dio.

"Did you ever believe this would happen again?" Your voice was quiet.

"I didn't know you were alive," He replied, his hand moving away from yours as he brushed his fingers through your hair. "But if I had known, I would have searched for you. I would have never stopped until I found you."

You sat up, leaning over him. He followed you with his eyes, golden eyes following your movements. Both of his hands fell to your waist, and you watched as his eyes traveled over you, finally settling on yours. You brought your hand to his face, your fingers brushing across his cheek.

"Do you still love me, Dio?"

"I've never stopped," He answered, his grip on your hips tightening. "I never will. You have been the only person I loved, Y/n. You always will be the one for me."

"The things you say to me, not just then, but everything you've told me," You asked. "Are they true?"

"Of course they are," His hand slid your back, and he gently brought you down, your chest resting against his. "Why would I ever lie to you?"

After what seemed like forever, you pressed your lips against Dio's. The passion the two of you held for each other was expressed in just that one kiss. You pulled away, your gaze locked onto his face. Your eyes flicked across him, waiting for his expression to change; waiting for him to turn on you. But he didn't. He was just looking at you the same way you were at him.

You kissed him again, and this time, he could feel your frustration behind it. He sat up, his arms wrapping around you, keeping you pressed against him. Your arms slid around his neck, your hands traveling into his hair. The kiss became needier, the taste of you filling him with desire.

He grabbed your thighs with a tight grip, pulling them around his waist as he leaned forward, laying you on your back gently. Your hands moved from his hair, dropping to rest over his chest. Much to your displeasure, Dio ended the kiss as he pulled away, gazing upon your flushed form.

Your hair splayed out under you, perfectly framing your face. Your eyes were glossy, filled with emotion and desire. Your lips were reddened from the kiss, and Dio's gaze lingered on the scar that was on the corner of your lip. He looked back to your eyes, spotting his own reflection.

"I love you, Y/n," He whispered, his hand resting on your cheek.

He didn't expect you to reply back to him. With no hesitation at the fact. Your voice surprised him, taking him off guard.

"I love you too, Dio."

You brought your hands to his face. "I tried to deny it for 70 years. But for 70 years, you were the only thing I could think about. You were the first thing I thought about when I woke up at the bottom of that ravine. There's no use in denying it. I can't. Not anymore. I've finally found you, Dio. And I won't let the person who I love slip away from me again."

Dio swept down, capturing your lips in his. Just as before, the thoughts in your mind disappeared. You pulled him closer to you, bringing him as close as possible. Your lips moved in sync, the ache in your heart beginning to cease. Dio's hands gently ran along your face, down your neck, and across your collarbone before sliding toward your hips.

"I do believe this is longest you've let me this close to you," He mumbled, his lips curling into a grin over yours.

"Do you want to jinx it?" You replied, quirking your brow.

Dio chuckled, making your stomach flutter. He dropped his head away from your face, dipping it toward the crook of your neck. Without hesitation you tipped your head back, allowing him to press a soft kiss on your neck.

"Are you mine, Y/n?" He whispered, his lips still pressed against your neck.

"If I wasn't, I wouldn't be here," You replied.

"I want to hear you say it," He squeezed your waist, bringing you closer to him.

"I'm your's, Dio."

Dio's hands returned to your side as he pulled you closer, making you rise onto your knees. "I'm giving myself to you, Y/n. Would you do the same?"

"Asking me to marry you so soon? My, Dio, what would our parents think!" You joked, making him smile.

"Will you give yourself to me, Y/n?"

You flicked your gaze over his face. "I haven't ran out, have I?"

"No," He chuckled. "And I want everyone to know that you are mine."

Dio returned his head to the crook of your neck, his fingers lacing into your hair. You tipped your head back, allowing him the space that he wanted. You felt his lips brush across your skin, and he left gentle kisses as he went. When he reached the perfect spot in his eyes, he struck.

His teeth sunk into your neck, making your body tense. It stung, but it was gone as soon as it came. Dio swiped his tongue over the wound, gathering any blood before it could trickle down your skin. He kissed over it, grinning in triumph.

He pulled back, meeting your gaze. He chuckled when you pushed him down on the couch and leaned over him. His hands ran along your body, pausing at your waist when he felt your fangs pierce his skin. His blood was oddly sweet, and it made your body rise with head once you had pulled away. Dio chuckled and reached up, wiping his thumb over your lip, collecting the blood there.

"You're beautiful," He whispered. "Like an angel."

You kissed the corner of his mouth. "Like the Angel of Death, perhaps."

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 25. 𝗘𝗡𝗗
𝗗𝗔𝗧𝗘: 13 𝗔𝗣𝗥𝗜𝗟 2023
𝗘𝗗𝗜𝗧𝗘𝗗