14. 𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗟𝗘𝗦𝗦

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 14. 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗔𝗟𝗪𝗔𝗬𝗦 𝗚𝗘𝗧 𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗟𝗘𝗦𝗦 𝗔𝗧 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗦 𝗛𝗢𝗨𝗥

"𝗦𝗢𝗠𝗘𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗕𝗢𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗬𝗢𝗨, my love?"

Rolling over in the large bed, your gaze met the one of the man who sat near the fire, reading a book. You moved your hand from under the pillow, using it to prop yourself up. 

"Why are you here?" You asked. 

"You always get restless at this hour," He replied, turning the page of his novel. 

"So you come to sit in my room?" 

"Yes," He hummed. "I don't see a problem with it."

"I do," You frown. "It's weird. You're just watching me sleep."

"No," He said, closing the book. "You never sleep. Which is the problem."

"You don't need to concern yourself with my sleep schedule," You laughed. 

"I do when you become sick from it," He said, standing up. He walked towards the bed, sitting on the edge beside you. "You're still in pain. And your wounds have reopened."

Pulling the sheets aside, Dio moved in front of you. He brushed his hands along your leg, making you hiss in pain. Dio apologized and leaned down, kissing your knee gently. 

You stared at him as he changed the bandages on your leg, noticing the way he expertly moved to help you recover. When he felt your gaze, he lifted his head, smirking at you. 

"There," He said, your leg draped over his lap. "Better?"

"Why are you so persistent in taking care of me?" You asked. 

"Because I care for you," He replied simply. "You may not be used to it, but I'm always going to handle you with care. God knows you are fragile enough to always get yourself hurt."

"I'm not fragile," You argued. 

"Oh, let me rephrase," He chuckled. "You're reckless."

"Only because of your stupid arse," You muttered. "You got us into this mess."

"And I'll get us out of it," He said, leaning over you. "You do trust that I will, don't you?"

You placed your hand on his cheek. "I wouldn't still be here if I didn't,"

He smiled, a genuine one. However, it faded after a moment, as he traced the cuts and scar on your lips and face. "Did he ever love you so tenderly, I wonder?"

You sighed. "Getting jealous of Elijah now, Brando?"

"Did he?" He asked, frowning as he cupped your face. 

You placed your hand over his. "He...didn't. I never let him, and he never would."

"Did you ever love him?" He asked. 

"Why do you ask me these things?" You sigh. 

"You've never been loved, Y/n," He whispered. "I want to show you that it isn't as bad as you think. Whatever he's done to you, I'll kill him for."

"Hush," You frown. "My heart is with you, is it not?"

"Then you admit to loving me?" He asked, his lips brushing against yours.