Chapter 7; Strangers

We are just strangers with some memories...

~

The ride was longer than the trio expected. They started the ride in the morning and it was almost the evening.

In the first few hours Ashton was the one driving but then he stopped the car and let Wesley drive saying I wanna sleep, I won't be the one responsible if I slept in the middle.

They didn't take a lot of time eating lunch. They had some Ramen which they took from the hotel and ate them in silence.

Their was no one on that road and the view was awesome. There were no buildings, just fields around them. Luna wondered where they were. She had never seen something as beautiful as this.

Since she was a kid she never made too many friends in school. She just used to sit in a corner of the class and kept studying quietly. She wasn't an introvert but was too picky with people. She didn't have a group of 7 - 8 friends like others did. People just judged her too soon.

"Can I drive?" Luna spoke in a bit excitement tapping on his shoulder.

"You can drive?" Wesley spoke, raising his eyebrows.

"Of course I can." Luna said in a proud tone.

" I don't trust you. No wonder if I sleep you take us somewhere else." He spoke letting out a chuckle.

" I will let you drive but not now." He said sitting on the driver's seat. Luna rolled her eyes in disappointment sitting on the back seat.

Luna somewhat liked the empty roads too much. No noise and honking sounds. A soft breeze blowing through her dark locks as she opens the door of the car slowly.

" We are here." Wesley spoke after some time, stopping the car.

By that time Ashton was awake and doing particularly nothing just looking for the latest news in the town.

The media is weird. They just need a news, no actually something personal about a celebrity and make that a news. When they get something better than the previous they will forget what was the news yesterday. But murder wasn't something they would forget easily...

They got out of the car while Wesley parked the car near a random tree.

Ashton and Luna looked around exploring the place while Wesley seemed to know it.

Wesley looked around with a small smile on his face, memories flooding his head.

It was a small town with not much people. There was a grocery shop with women bargaining  with the shopkeepers, a small bookstore and some shops with the necessary essentials. Children were running with their friends randomly.

Wesley took them to a motel ' the moody moon '.

They came to their room, not too big and not too small. 

The bed was for a couple to sleep with a couch and small lamps kept on the tables beside the bed. There was a small balcony with small plants kept.

The thunder of the clouds outside made them come out of their thinking process.

In no time the rain started pouring down the streets  making everything more beautiful than ever.

Ashton looked out of the balcony, taking in a deep breath and just forgetting everything at that point of time.

"Can I go outside?" Luna asked Wesley with her curious eyes looking at him with hope.

" Fine. But don't try to run, we are keeping a watch on you." He said sounding serious.