Chapter 27; Apologising

~

Half of the day was over so Luna thought why not to use the new advantage she had. She went back to her house as she needed to think more about the case. They needed proofs which she needed to work on.

Because of the success of this big project her department had started offering her more cases which were bigger and of the level she had always wanted but she didn't want to touch any of those as of now. The only priority was to finish this first.

After visiting the prison and looking for Wesley outside the police station for sometime she took a taxi and went back home.

She really wished that Wesley would talk to her and maybe understand. Not his fault though.

He had also not met his parents since a long time so he needed to go back home too.

Luna's parents were more than happy watching their daughter getting everything she worked her ass off for but they knew something was off. They knew that it was something sensitive so they just chose to let her open up on her own.

She sat down on her bed facing the ceiling and thinking just about him.

She couldn't just ignore the pain she felt when she saw him in that condition. He didn't deserve it. And the way Wesley looked at her just broke her heart.

The trust that was built with the boys was completely broken and she knew that they won't trust her again.

She was really sad when she saw him in that condition. The sadness in his blue orbs was a thing she just couldn't ignore. He felt helpless. She wanted to help him so bad.

She gently closed her eyes in order to calm herself down but only one face was coming to her mind.

~
Wesley clicked on the doorbell of the house he had missed a lot in the past few days. A voice came from inside and the door soon opened. 

An average looking lady opened the door and suddenly her face lit up. She gasped and immediately hugged her son. Tears threatened to fall down her eyes but after a lot of tries they finally fell down.

" Omg how are you? " She spoke looking at his son affectionately.

" I am great mom. How have you been? " He spoke giving her one of his biggest smiles.

" Not good of course." She spoke looking at him with sad eyes.

" Well, I am here now." He spoke coming in with her.

He sat down on the sofa after washing his hands as per the instructions given by his mom.

She came out of the kitchen after 5 minutes preparing some quick snack for him.

" Really sorry for not being able to be in touch. Things were just....."
He spoke being really sorry for his mother cause she knew she might have been really worried for both the boys.

" I understand sweetheart." She smiled at him.

" How's Ashton? I saw the news blurting rubbish and I knew they were wrong. When I used to go out for buying groceries they used to ask me those rubbish questions and I knew you guys were right." She spoke letting out a smile and ruffling his hair. Wesley smiled at his mom and looked at how adorable she was.

" Ashton is fine and Thank you for trusting me mom." He said returning the smile.

He talked to her for sometime and then went back to his room for some rest cause he had no appetite.

He opened his phone even though he knew it will be filled with negativity.
Some pictures of the three had apparently been found from one of the CCTV cameras of the place they once stayed at and was viral on the internet.