Chapter 29; The courtroom

Luna held her diary firm in her hands coming out of the building with a small smile. She felt the rays of hope coming after a long time.

She looked back watching a good amount of lawyers wearing all back coming out and going in the court rooms.

Yeah....Court.

~
5 hours earlier

Luna sat impatiently waiting for that one message since half an hour now.

A day before yesterday when she went to meet Jim she asked him to arrange a lawyer too. No lawyer was ready to do their case and she had just left the hope of a good lawyer. The least she wanted was to get a person who had some idea about law.

Jim arranged her a lawyer and the next day she went to meet him. Explaining him everything about the situation ( not the insides about the personal life) she explained him everything with no hope left. The guy looked decent, understanding everything and writing it down.

She met Wesley in his house, updating him with everything that happened. Even though she was helping with the case and looked pretty serious, he still couldn't trust her completely. He needed some time to trust her again.

The next day was the court hearing. She prepared all the three witnesses and just took a deep breath cause this was all she could do at that moment.

The next morning she took her diary where she wrote everything about the case and went to the court.

A part of her was scared and nervous and that tiny little part out there was kinda happy that she will get to see Ashton after a hell lot of time.

After meeting the lawyer and discussing a few things they entered the court where a few people were already sitting. She knew and had heard that Andriel's lawyer was strong and intelligent, which kinda scared her.

She had expected the lawyer to be good ofcourse but still it did make her nervous.

There were a shit ton of people outside the court who were waiting to get the so called justice for their beloved star.

She had a talk with Wesley that morning too. He didn't talk a lot ofcourse and was just fully focused on the case and trying to find more proofs to get Ashton out of there as soon as it was possible.

Not a lot of people were allowed in that area for safety purposes and only some of the well trained lawyers and witnesses were present there. The environment wasn't too pleasant like they showed in typical movies for sure.

She was in her own thoughts when she saw a group of police officers surrounding someone who was obviously Ashton. She couldn't see his face even if she tried to. They really held him like a fucking terrorist. She really wondered how he would've been.

The same kind of guilt surrounded her again when she got a little glimpse of the boy.

He was still in handcuffs and a bulky policeman was still standing close to him.

His face was pale with dark circles surrounding his eyes. He looked thinner then before. Those beautiful blues which were a treat to eyes once weren't visible cause he constantly kept looking down. Tear stains were barely visible but she sensed that he was crying.

Her heart broke in a million pieces watching him in that state. She wanted to hug him tightly and tell him that he will be okay but she just couldn't.

They were so close, yet so far.

She looked behind her to find Wesley and his mother equally heartbroken with the sight. Tears could be seen forming in their eyes which they were trying hard to resist.

The way he was before as compared to now had a lot of difference. Even though he never really spoke or shared many things with her, he always had a small smile fixed on his face which showed that he was okay.

She looked back at him to find that he was already looking at her.

The hazels met the blues.

Again. After ages like they seemed

Butterflies which seemed to be dead before returned back to their place and she couldn't help but give him an assuring smile, telling him that he will be okay.

He had no expressions and just kept looking at her for sometime.

She looked down at her laps once the eye contact was broken, with all the courage building up inside her. I have to do this. She sighed.

For him.

She looked back at Wesley and his mom, giving them an assuring smile. Hope was all which was left. Hope had her believe again.

And for them. She sighed.
~

She kept standing at her place for sometime, waiting for Wesley to come out.

He came out with his mom after sometime and she just kept standing at her place.

" Wanna come with me?" Luna
insisted looking at both of them.

" No we brought the car." Wesley spoke raising his hand which held the keys in his hand. He gestured his mom to walk toward the car and wait for him to come back.

" Thank you." Wesley spoke looking at her with the first genuine smile after a long time.

" No need to thank me Wes." Luna spoke looking at him with a small smile. She just hoped she would get her friend back. She was guilty of what she did but she deserved a second change right?

Wesley turned back and started walking towards the car after giving her the last glance.

She kept standing there until she saw their lawyer walking out of the building.

" We have got this Ms. Ardolf. Don't worry." He spoke giving Luna an assuring smile.

They really did nice today. Mr. Miller had his comebacks for what their lawyer spoke and she just felt better.

The people who sat in the courtroom actually started to believe what he said. They actually started to re think when Mr. Miller stated his points.

Ashton kept looking down throughout the time and just kept answering the questions which were asked by the respective lawyers.

After talking with him regarding the case she suddenly remembered some paperwork inside and started walking through those corridors again when she collided with the unexpected.

Ashton.

She looked up when she felt that she actually recognised that somewhere. And ofcourse she knew it was him.

He was equally surprised. The police was taking him back to the prison for today when she collided with him.

" Uhh. Can I have a talk with him please? " She asked politely to the officer that held him tight. The officer nodded leaving them alone for sometime.

The silence surrounded them for sometime when Luna broke it.

" We did well today. You will be back soon." She smiled, looking at him in his eyes with an assuring smile.

" Thank you Luna." He whispered after sometime. Luna looked at him with a big smile and the small smile on his face made her feel that things will actually be okay.

" Thanking me for what? We are the group right? " She chuckled looking at him who let out a smile too.

He kept looking down for sometime but not with tiredness anymore.

" You will be okay Ashton. Trust me." She spoke further holding his hands which still had handcuffs. She smiled at him and walked back when she heard the officer coming back to take Ashton with him.

~
A/N

I feel bad for Ashton now. Don't want him to suffer :(

Anyways, hope ya'll are doing well.
Stay safe :))