Chapter 30; Sad Confession

It was happening. It was finally happening. The much awaited release of Ashton from the jail was here. He would finally be out in the world, breathing the fresh air again and out of the suffocating confined boundaries.

The case was handled well. The lawyer was amazing and was willing to save Ashton at any cost once Luna told him the details. It stayed in their favour for about a month and in the end, after many trials the judge closed the case in Ashton's favour.

The public response? Well, it was neutral. Some people still believed that their favourite celebrity couldn't have abused his own son but a majority of people sympathized with Ashton. Luna, Wesley and Mrs. McKay paid a lot of visits to the younger and talked to him for hours. They obviously seeked permission since Luna was their backbone.

"Luna, when will he be out?" Wesley asked for the nth time that day, making Luna roll her eyes.

"Gosh, Wesley. It will take some time. How many times do you want me to say the same thing?"

"Why is it taking so long?"

"Wesley, there are a lot of formalities done when someone is declared innocent or guilty; basically when a case closes. Could you wait for a while? They will escort him out of there safe and sound. With all due respect."

Wesley nodded, feeling assured as he waited for his best friend to arrive, outside the court. The media was standing right at the door, with their cameras and reporters ready, all set to bombard the younger with their questions.

Soon after, the doors opened and a group of cops surrounding the young boy, walked out, slightly pushing away the media as they struggled for the footage. It became chaotic too soon and the police officers were trying their very best to handle.

Wesley and Luna were watching from afar, the younger already taking a step forward towards the mess. Luna stopped him, shaking her head. Wesley was quite annoyed by it but listened well to her. The fact is, Luna didn't want Wesley to be a part of all the chaos cause she knew that it'll be handled on its own.

A few minutes passed and finally, Ashton was in sight. Wesley, not being able to keep it in anymore, ran over to his best friend. The police officers made a little way for him, having recognised him by now.

Ashton had developed dark circles and wasn't in a very healthy shape but oh how Wesley loved the sight!

He quickly engulfed his best friend into a heartfelt hug, the crowd stopping in their way to look over or to record.

An endless stream of tears ran down their cheeks as Ashton hugged him back. The poor boy had always known that Wesley would be there for him in every situation. This time, however, with all the worries off the hook, he could be actually proud of their bond. Their amazing friendship.

Luna watched the two boys from a distance with glossy eyes and a wide smile. She could see how happy they were, how nothing seemed to matter to them in that moment of euphoria.

Her gaze flickered over to the chain dangling down their necks. The one that the three of them bought together. She looked down at the same chain around her neck and wiping away the slight tears that had fallen, she walked over to Mr. Jim to create a report.

~

After a long day of catching up with Wesley and his mother who waited for her son all this while, Ashton sat down on the grassy lawn of Wesley's house. He hadn't gone back to his place. He wasn't ready to face that mansion yet.

It was about 1 AM and both Wesley and his mom were asleep. The younger, not being able to sleep, walked out to gaze at the beautiful night sky.

However he thought of it, every beauty in this world reminded him of Luna. Oh right, he hadn't talked to her or even met her ever since he was released. He saw how hard she was working to get him out of there and if that wasn't enough already, Wesley told him everything that went on in his absense.