Chapter 9; Grace and Thorns

Wesley didn't speak too much after that and just gave him some privacy.

Whereas Luna had somewhat idea of the situation now. It was probably their time to leave this place too.

Ashton was deep somewhere in the ocean of thoughts.
We will be caught. His inner voice repeated that again and again.
His mind drifted to last night.

He was just too tired. He wanted a sleep so bad but he just couldn't. He didn't even eat anything except the lunch. He kept sitting there until the sun rose and the birds started chirping again.

When he noticed the people gathering in the market he thought to go back to the motel as he wasn't even wearing a mask.

He knocked the room finding the door open so he just entered finding no one there assuming they went to find him. He looked at his hand and noticed the blood oozing out of his hand. He bandaged it and then just sat on the couch.

" You Ok?" Luna spoke in a soft voice breaking his trail of thoughts. She looked at him and then on his bandaged hand in concern. He never really talked to her but there was a spark in his eyes when ever she looked at him. But today he looked somewhat Lost.

Ashton rose his head looking at her, giving her a slight nod.

Wesley entered the room with their breakfast with no expressions at all.

They don't look fine.

" You haven't eaten anything after lunch. You should eat and then sleep." Luna spoke with concerned voice. The dark circles under his eyes made him somewhat scary.

They ate peacefully and Luna sat in the balcony.

" I am sorry." Ashton spoke letting out a sigh looking at his hand, guilty.

" What?! " Wesley asked astonished by what he just said.

" You are in danger because of me." Ashton said not having the guts to look at him.

" Shut up." he spoke giving him a hug.

" Should we surrender? " he spoke after sometime.

" Don't even think about it." Wesley said raising his voice a bit. He didn't want them to give up so soon.

" If we surrender they will consider it your fault. What you did was correct but they won't look at it that way." he spoke making him understand to which he just quietly nodded.

They got out of the hotel with Luna sitting at the back seat like usual.
Ashton fell asleep in the middle not even caring to ask where they were going.

" Where are we going?" Luna spoke after sometime.

" I don't know." Wesley spoke shrugging his shoulders leaving Luna in shock.

" What do you mean?!" She said giving her full attention to him.

" I mean I don't know. We will find a place for sure." he said letting out a chuckle whistling a random tune.

What is going on in my life? Luna thought giving the thought a bit attention.

She was kidnapped by some murderers and Enjoying it? It was too complicated but just seemed Ok.
It was more like a holiday. She didn't know where she will be in the next few days and had no idea what was going on back there, in her office.
She had absolutely no idea which part of the country she was in and the driver is saying that he is moving randomly.

Life is cool.

" Hey you would've been tired. I will drive now." Luna spoke when she saw Wesley yawning for the 8th time. She didn't want to die.